 Local / United Kingdom / 3923
Re: Busy Bee goodies
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk
Date:
Fri, 19 May 2000 09:58:29 GMT

In lugnet.loc.uk, Lawrence Wilkes writes:
In lugnet.loc.uk, Scott Arthur writes:

For many people it is not a case of "rather" it is more a case of "have to". I
work beside people who drive less than a mile of work, even on bright sunny
days they'd rather drive than take a lazy walk through the countryside (I
workon a "greenfield" site). I suppose those people would rather drive.

Scott A

Similarly, I will never cease to be amazed at some of my neighbours who drive
their kids 1/2 mile to the local school. The best excuse I heard is they
havent got time to walk their kids to school as they have to get to the sports
centre to do a keep fit class.

I read a survey on this - the real reason is that parents do not think it is
safe to let their kids walk as there are too many cars on the road. Chicken
or egg?

I live near a private school, evey morning the congestion caused by mothers
(mostly) dropping the kids of in their "off roaders" is shocking - roll on the
summer holidays.

Scott A

regards
lawrence