 Local / United Kingdom / 3838
Re: PayPal for UK users?!?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk
Date:
Tue, 9 May 2000 23:05:32 GMT

In lugnet.loc.uk, Jon D. Hayward writes:
I've just received this snippet from PayPal:

You do not need a credit card or a bank account to use PayPal.
You can use the account to receive money and send around. If you
wanted to take the money out is when you would need to add the
banking information.

I've e-mailed 'em back to find out if the guy understood my query fully,
i.e. if there's any way to enter a non-USA address into their system to set
up an account in the first place!

...more news as and when I have it ;-)

Fingers Crossed! One country I wouldn't have to factor for any more!

PS, I have gotten Simon to a positive balance thanks to some large and small
trades and I have asked him if we can lift the factoring suspension on UK
sellers. If he agrees, we may resume limited service but right now we are
thinking that a 6% surcharge to cover exchange losses will be imposed on the
(US) buyer.

++Lar