 Local / United Kingdom / 3840
Re: PayPal for UK users?!?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk
Date:
Wed, 10 May 2000 00:11:58 GMT

Larry Pieniazek <lar@voyager.net> wrote in message
news:FuBEt8.3pI@lugnet.com...
In lugnet.loc.uk, Jon D. Hayward writes:
I've just received this snippet from PayPal:

You do not need a credit card or a bank account to use PayPal.
You can use the account to receive money and send around. If you
wanted to take the money out is when you would need to add the
banking information.

I've e-mailed 'em back to find out if the guy understood my query fully,
i.e. if there's any way to enter a non-USA address into their system to • set
up an account in the first place!

...more news as and when I have it ;-)

Fingers Crossed! One country I wouldn't have to factor for any more!

Well... I've set up an account using JonDHayward@Yahoo.co.uk , and I've
asked Mike Huffman if he can send me $1 to check that the account is truly
active with a 'fake' street address, no assigned credit card, and no bank
details!

If it works, it'll still only be like a US Dollar holding account, i.e. no
way to pay cash in or draw it out. Not until PayPal goes international later
this year anyway!

Larry: I saw mention that PP send out a letter to the address you enter
(although I didn't find that snippet until _after_ I had set up the
account). Obviously, my letter won't reach me 8-( Any ideas if it's
important? TIA 8-)

Just [hopeful] Jono .oO