 Local / United Kingdom / 3843
Re: PayPal for UK users?!?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk
Date:
Wed, 10 May 2000 08:08:43 GMT

Rob Doucette <rob.doucette@worldnet.att.net> wrote in message
news:FuBpn5.J8L@lugnet.com...
"Jon D Hayward" <JonDHayward@BlueYonder.co.uk> wrote in message
news:FuBHw4.Fu4@lugnet.com...
Well... I've set up an account using JonDHayward@Yahoo.co.uk , and I've
asked Mike Huffman if he can send me $1 to check that the account is • truly
active with a 'fake' street address, no assigned credit card, and no • bank
details!

Larry: I saw mention that PP send out a letter to the address you enter
(although I didn't find that snippet until _after_ I had set up the
account). Obviously, my letter won't reach me 8-( Any ideas if it's
important? TIA 8-)

They send out a verification letter that's used to activate the account.

Thanks for that Rob. I guess that I can't therefore activate the account
unless I change the address to a valid US one, but doing that sounds worse
(to me) than using a non-existent one... 8-(

Just Confused .oO