 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / *6074 (-100)
  Re: dear lego, please release instructions for set 1526

(...) If it's such a classic, why doesn't it have the proper logo on the front instead of that horrible double-V? No, this is an example of when it all started to go wrong. Leave it in the vault, I say. Jason Railton (20 years ago, 8-Sep-04, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.space, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: dear lego, please release instructions for set 1526

(...) I second that request. When I recently saw the pictures from the vault on Brickshelf, I was surprised. Why was this set never released? It has all the ingredients for a Classic Space Set. /\/\ark "better yet: release the set!" de Kock (20 years ago, 8-Sep-04, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.space, lugnet.lego.direct)

  dear lego, please release instructions for set 1526

I would like to see lego release a copy (e.g. scanned and placed on bricshelf) of the classic space set 1526. (20 years ago, 8-Sep-04, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.space, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Next Legend re-release

Anyone got more info? Release dates? Pictures? Changes other than the change to new greys? Bad news is that Space misses out again :( (20 years ago, 5-Sep-04, to lugnet.general, lugnet.town, lugnet.lego.direct)

  A strange warning on the s@h about the kit K4519

Hi, I browsed the s@h when I saw this on the kit K4519 Cross Track Kit : (URL) "Will not work with circle track found in #4511 High Speed Train Kit & #K4511 Passenger Train Kit." I watched the details, and yes, with only the kit K4519 and the tracks (...) (20 years ago, 1-Sep-04, to lugnet.lego.direct, FTX)

  Instruction for Sphnix

I am the principal at a school in Cairo, Egypt for students with learning difficulties. To encourage reading staff and students race to build objects that symbolize a field trip site. For example, last year we built the Step Pyramid and then visited (...) (20 years ago, 18-Aug-04, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.build.ancient)

  Re: Changes to the 10021 - U.S.S. Constellation

Another change not mentioned (in this thread) is that the three 2x4 light gray plates on the deck (mid-ship, under the lifeboat) were originally three 2x4 CLEAR plates. That explains why the space under those three 2x4 plates was so carefully (...) (20 years ago, 7-Aug-04, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Cannot checkout on shop@home

Josephine, See (URL) it is for Canucks, it may also apply to the US. If you have an Amex card in your profile, try removing it, see if the order goes through. If not, I guess you'll have to call your order in. (...) -- Tom Stangl *(URL) Visual FAQ (...) (20 years ago, 16-Jul-04, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Cannot checkout on shop@home

I got the following error message while checking out on shop@home(US) last night. "Oops: Your form could not be submitted for the following reasons: You have entered an invalid credit card number. " I switched to the other cards, but still got the (...) (20 years ago, 16-Jul-04, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Lego TV ads?

Dear Lego, I have recently been given an assignment to compare and analyse two companies advertising techniques. The brief was that the companies must make a similar product, and must have different means of advertising. I have selected LEGO and (...) (20 years ago, 26-Jun-04, to lugnet.lego.direct, FTX)

  Re: why has lego direct ignored the space theme?

(...) Eh? Where are you getting your information? The MOC line, like many decisions is based on lots of boring meetings, focus groups, and other benevolent corporate what-not we know little about. I'd like to think the company would care if we (...) (20 years ago, 24-Jun-04, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: why has lego direct ignored the space theme?

(...) cool, and can be used to make PODs, but they're not in gray (or even blay). Actually, I'm thinking of something more along these lines: (URL) [that] is a cool little POD! Jeff (20 years ago, 23-Jun-04, to lugnet.space, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: why has lego direct ignored the space theme?

(...) Well, you got your wish. (URL) (20 years ago, 23-Jun-04, to lugnet.space, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: why has lego direct ignored the space theme?

(...) I've seen a number of really creative MOCs of canon vehicles. Some of them are better than their official counterparts, others are less so. It's not so much a matter of searching for a suitable SW design for the MOC program, but taking the (...) (20 years ago, 23-Jun-04, to lugnet.space, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: why has lego direct ignored the space theme?

(...) This is a good point. This would require that the fan created model be canon, so I didn't think of that. I believe that this would restrict the creativity of a fan MOC to the point that it wouldn't be worth it. In my opinion, you might as well (...) (20 years ago, 23-Jun-04, to lugnet.space, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Announcing new comprehensive book on Lego on CD.

(...) Thanks for your feedback Eric. The problem with printing a book is that once it is printed, that is the final result. With a CD, I have a friend who is a computer wizzard (owns his own company) and plans on putting this together as a CD (even (...) (20 years ago, 22-Jun-04, to lugnet.general, lugnet.town, lugnet.trains, lugnet.castle, lugnet.space, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: I'd love it too, but . . .

(...) When they put a Classic Space Legend out in the new grey color, I will be more than happy to swap these pieces for my old grey bricks. According to my setlist, I own almost all Classic Space sets, so I should be able to come up with enough old (...) (20 years ago, 22-Jun-04, to lugnet.space, lugnet.lego.direct)

  I'd love it too, but . . .

If and when they do put out a Classic Space Legend it'll probably be in bley, which means I might buy it for the trans-yellow, but I wouldn't keep all the pieces. It would be nice, but it would be bittersweet. Dave "Dave Lovelace" <dave@umop.com> (...) (20 years ago, 21-Jun-04, to lugnet.space, lugnet.lego.direct)

"Gary Istok" <istokg@earthlink.net> wrote in message news:HzJ6u0.1nG7@lugnet.com... (...) released (...) about 80% (...) most (...) Sounds cool. Could folks please reduce the crossposting though? I'm not sure discussion of this book needs to be in (...) (20 years ago, 21-Jun-04, to lugnet.general, lugnet.town, lugnet.trains, lugnet.castle, lugnet.space, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Announcing new comprehensive book on Lego on CD.

Gary, This is great news. However since you're asking for feedback I hope you can take this into consideration. I would strongly prefer a printed version. In fact, I just discovered the printed 1974-2004 Playmobil collectors catalogue, and promptly (...) (20 years ago, 21-Jun-04, to lugnet.general, lugnet.town, lugnet.trains, lugnet.castle, lugnet.space, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Announcing new comprehensive book on Lego on CD.

Gary Istok wrote: <announce impending CD snipped> Gary - I am very much looking forward to this CD/book, and thanks in advance for compending your knowledge of the hobby for the benefit of all. As an AFOL, the prospect of a new work of knowledge (...) (20 years ago, 21-Jun-04, to lugnet.general, lugnet.town, lugnet.trains, lugnet.castle, lugnet.space, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Bulk Dark Gray and Light Gray 2x4's

(...) FWIW the ten bags of dk grey 2x4s I received from S@H (Europe) a couple of weeks ago were old dk grey. ROSCO (20 years ago, 21-Jun-04, to lugnet.lego.direct, FTX)

  Re: Bulk Dark Gray and Light Gray 2x4's

(...) These packs have the same SKU as the "old dark gray" bricks. There is no reason to believe that these are not the "old gray". If they were the "new gray", I should think they would assign a new SKU. The only difinitive way to find out would be (...) (20 years ago, 21-Jun-04, to lugnet.lego.direct, FTX)

  Re: Announcing new comprehensive book on Lego on CD.

It sounds like a work of scholarship that is long awaited in English. Having translated some texts from foreign languages I surely appreciate not having to jump through hoops to make any sense. Can't Wait! Any thoughts on a companion to the above (...) (20 years ago, 20-Jun-04, to lugnet.general, lugnet.town, lugnet.trains, lugnet.castle, lugnet.space, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Announcing new comprehensive book on Lego on CD.

(...) <Snip> Gary, Outstanding! I've been dreaming of a book like this and can't wait to get a read. I got my first LEGO sets in the early 1960's and they didn't survive my younger siblings' abuse, alas, they are no more. So it will be great to see (...) (20 years ago, 19-Jun-04, to lugnet.general, lugnet.town, lugnet.trains, lugnet.castle, lugnet.space, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Announcing new comprehensive book on Lego on CD.

That sounds like an awesome project and I would be interested in purchasing one when made available. I'm always looking in toy catalogs for old lego toys and their worth but haven't had any luck. I'm sure that much of the LUGNET community (...) (20 years ago, 19-Jun-04, to lugnet.general, lugnet.town, lugnet.trains, lugnet.castle, lugnet.space, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Announcing new comprehensive book on Lego on CD.

Could you please say something in your reference about collector value being different in other parts of the world compaired to North Amerika? We would hate to see prices here being off as a result of what you are going to state in your "standard (...) (20 years ago, 19-Jun-04, to lugnet.general, lugnet.town, lugnet.trains, lugnet.castle, lugnet.space, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Announcing new comprehensive book on Lego on CD.

(...) Sounds like a surefire winner. Am already excited to see it. Danny (20 years ago, 19-Jun-04, to lugnet.general, lugnet.town, lugnet.trains, lugnet.castle, lugnet.space, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Announcing new comprehensive book on Lego on CD.

(...) Well thanks for the encouragement folks! The main reason that I came out with this information early was that I could get feedback from AFOLs. One possibility would be to give you folks an option, by coming out with both a book and a CD. Also (...) (20 years ago, 19-Jun-04, to lugnet.general, lugnet.town, lugnet.trains, lugnet.castle, lugnet.space, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Announcing new comprehensive book on Lego on CD.

(...) Congrats Gary! Following up on Lindsay's question, if you do decide to make a .pdf available, within about 10 minutes you could have a book available on cafepress.com. Just upload the .pdf and cover graphics (JPGs) and you'll rake in free (...) (20 years ago, 19-Jun-04, to lugnet.general, lugnet.town, lugnet.trains, lugnet.castle, lugnet.space, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Announcing new comprehensive book on Lego on CD.

(...) Hey, this sounds very interesting. As a Mac (not MAC) user, I am a bit curious about the format. Will it be a PDF? That would make the book available to people using any operating system. Also, what sort of price are you estimating? If the CD (...) (20 years ago, 19-Jun-04, to lugnet.general, lugnet.town, lugnet.trains, lugnet.castle, lugnet.space, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Announcing new comprehensive book on Lego on CD.

(...) First of all, great idea. I hope this works out for you! You are doing the hobby a whole lot of good here! I do want to suggest though that you reconsider your above statement. There are some lines that came out after 1994 that are very (...) (20 years ago, 19-Jun-04, to lugnet.general, lugnet.town, lugnet.trains, lugnet.castle, lugnet.space, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Announcing new comprehensive book on Lego on CD.

In lugnet.announce, Gerhard R. Istok wrote: --snip-- (...) -snip- (...) Wow Gary, sounds very interesting. Almost like a "must have" for AFOL's :-) Great work! I'll be looking for the announcement of where to order the CD. Mark "must have!" de Kock (20 years ago, 19-Jun-04, to lugnet.general, lugnet.town, lugnet.trains, lugnet.castle, lugnet.space, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Announcing new comprehensive book on Lego on CD.

Your project sound very interesting, but I would much rather have a printed version! (20 years ago, 19-Jun-04, to lugnet.general, lugnet.town, lugnet.trains, lugnet.castle, lugnet.space, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Announcing new comprehensive book on Lego on CD.

(...) (snip) Wow, Gary. Just wow wowowowowow. I've been wondering "Where's Gary been?" and now I know. What a wonderful piece of news! I'm very, very interested. Are you going to .pdf the text, so that the interminable bibliophiles among us can (...) (20 years ago, 19-Jun-04, to lugnet.general, lugnet.town, lugnet.trains, lugnet.castle, lugnet.space, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Announcing new comprehensive book on Lego on CD.

(...) (snip) (...) Good luck, Gary! I can't wait to get one (And I'm sure you meant "Bricklink";-) JOHN (20 years ago, 19-Jun-04, to lugnet.general, lugnet.town, lugnet.trains, lugnet.castle, lugnet.space, lugnet.lego.direct, FTX)

  Re: Announcing new comprehensive book on Lego on CD.

(...) Now this I could use. Anything that can help me get a more accurate number to give to the insurance company is good :) Only problem is going to be converting from USD to AUD :) (20 years ago, 19-Jun-04, to lugnet.general, lugnet.town, lugnet.trains, lugnet.castle, lugnet.space, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: why has lego direct ignored the space theme?

I would definatly LOVE a My Own Creation space set. Probobly even more so than a legend (since any legend would almost certainly have modifications to the origonal design) Especially if the MOC was done in a color scheme that minimized use of the (...) (20 years ago, 16-Jun-04, to lugnet.space, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: why has lego direct ignored the space theme?

(...) um...what are X-PODs? Certainly looks like the great POD sessions of last year were some kind of influence... Scott Lyttle (20 years ago, 15-Jun-04, to lugnet.space, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: why has lego direct ignored the space theme?

(...) The only two additional issues that I can think of offhand is that it would have to be a canon design (i.e. something from the movies) because TLC's license reportedly doesn't cover EU stuff, and Lucasfilm approval would still be required (...) (20 years ago, 15-Jun-04, to lugnet.space, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: why has lego direct ignored the space theme?

(...) Agreed. As a castle guy, I learned a ton by building Dan Siskind's Blacksmith Shop design (also very educational for town builders). Look through recent castle creations (e.g. search "tudor" on Brickshelf: (URL) ) to see how that set has had (...) (20 years ago, 15-Jun-04, to lugnet.space, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: why has lego direct ignored the space theme?

(...) I've moved on from wanting a space Legend. Yeah, I'd buy it- but I'd really rather have something new. (...) I don't see any reason for a fan-created Star Wars set... we've already got tons of SW sets. The main thing I'd like to see on any new (...) (20 years ago, 15-Jun-04, to lugnet.space, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: why has lego direct ignored the space theme?

(...) I couldn't agree more! Bring back something from Classic Space, Futuron, or even Blacktron (not Blacktron II), and it would be a huge hit. Retro-future space is very cool and would sell well as LEGO sets! As for fan created sets, I'd like to (...) (20 years ago, 15-Jun-04, to lugnet.space, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Say YES to Michigan!

(...) I think that it would be a great idea to put a lego store in or around Detroit. (20 years ago, 14-Jun-04, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Say YES to Michigan!

Hi Jake, Just an FYI for you to pass onto your Lego Stores folks. As is often the case the 2 coasts (east coast and west coasts) seem to get a lot of the attention, and when there is some attention given "middle America" it usually goes to Chicago. (...) (20 years ago, 13-Jun-04, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Were the first American Lego sets (1961) ever produced?

(...) OK, I messed up the URL (thanks Tim) on the Samsonite Lego catalog website. Here it is: (URL) my opinion, this #717 box is one of the most attractive boxes TLG has ever produced. If it was actually sold, this model would require (9) of the (...) (20 years ago, 13-Jun-04, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.general)

  Re: why has lego direct ignored the space theme?

(...) (snip) I'd just like to note that it's been three years since Jon wrote this post, and Space fans STILL have NOTHING. Big. Fat. Nothing. I've said it before, I'll say it again. A Classic Space Legend, along with one or two (or seven or eight!) (...) (20 years ago, 13-Jun-04, to lugnet.space, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Were the first American Lego sets (1961) ever produced?

Jake, I know you are busy, but could you please refer this question to someone who might know. Lego came to the USA via licensee Samsonite (and Schwayder Bros.) of Denver Colorado in 1961. Here is a copy of that first catalog that came with all sets (...) (20 years ago, 12-Jun-04, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Metroliner from S@H: Complaint!

I received my two sets yesterday and my track was in the same condition. I also noticed the white strip on the doors was almost gray. Other than that, everything was fine. I was also suprised at the small size of the box. I've never seen a box from (...) (20 years ago, 3-Jun-04, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Metroliner from S@H: Complaint!

I decided to wait till morning to see the set again. After all I think my judgement had been coloured by the condition of the boxes and the fact that I have spend way more than I need to on Lego for 2004!!! I was going to say coffee stain on the (...) (20 years ago, 3-Jun-04, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Metroliner from S@H: Complaint!

I got 5, and the track metal was tarnished to a gold tint on every piece of track in all 5. It's going to be a PITA to clean them. Otherwise, the sets seemed fine, though I haven't pulled the pieces out of the bags yet. (...) -- Tom Stangl *(URL) (...) (20 years ago, 3-Jun-04, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Metroliner from S@H: Complaint!

(...) How many sets did you get? Are they all the same. I got three and they all looked new and the contents were pristine. JB (20 years ago, 3-Jun-04, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Metroliner from S@H: Complaint!

I just got my "new" Metroliner boxes by UPS. What a disappointment!!! For one the boxes were all crushed up (I think UPS is to blame) BUT worse still the pieces in it look old and faded. I am refering to the rail tracks especially - they are (...) (20 years ago, 3-Jun-04, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: 4755 - Knight Bus Colours

OK, I did the best I can with the pics. While I can't get the overall tint of the pics to match real life, I think they show the multiple shades well enough. I brightened them a bit to get them closer to real life, but brightened the entire pic, I (...) (20 years ago, 11-May-04, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.general, lugnet.color)

  Re: 4755 - Knight Bus Colours

I'll have to open the other set and see if I can get pics that show it decently. It's obvious IRL, but I have no idea how the camera will capture it. (...) -- Tom Stangl *(URL) Visual FAQ home *(URL) Visual FAQ Home (20 years ago, 10-May-04, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.general)

  Re: 4755 - Knight Bus Colours

(...) Hey, Tom, could you post some pics? James Wilson Dallas, TX (20 years ago, 10-May-04, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.general)

  Re: 4755 - Knight Bus Colours

(...) New sets are more likely to have piece inconsistencies than sets that have been in production for a while, as any errors that are made in piece sorting early on would be fixed as they are discovered. My first two copies of the TECHNIC R2-D2 (...) (20 years ago, 9-May-04, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.general)

  Re: 4755 - Knight Bus Colours

(...) You aren't the only one to have the extra Harry legs. I was surprised at that, as all of the other extra pieces I've ever gotten are the small plates. As far as the color control on this, I either got lucky or just managed to put it together (...) (20 years ago, 9-May-04, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.general)

  Re: 4755 - Knight Bus Colours

Perhaps I am paranoid, but after looking over my shoulder onthe purple/s bus problem, I have made one conclusion. LEGO is using this set as a way to smoke screen people into believing that the grey/brown color issue is not really happening at all, (...) (20 years ago, 9-May-04, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.general)

  Re: 4755 - Knight Bus Colours

Wow. I got my first 4755 at the BOGO50 TRU sale today, and it's worse than I thought. I could MAYBE excuse having 3 different shades spanning specific pieces. i.e., all 1x2s are one shade, all 1x4s another, etc. But no, I stacked the 1x2s, and got 3 (...) (20 years ago, 9-May-04, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.general)

  Re: HELP!!!

(...) That's only true when you're dealing with a cool Consumer Support department (of which The LEGO Company is a rare example). When I bought the TRU-exclusive Hasbro TIE Interceptor (one of only two copies shipped to the local store), and (...) (20 years ago, 21-Apr-04, to lugnet.lego.direct, FTX)

  Re: HELP!!!

(...) THANKS! I contacted them today, and the nice lady on the and of the phone asked me a few questions and then said that she would send me out a new unit (sorry if you are reading this, I couldn't remember your name :( ) Thank you all, and (...) (20 years ago, 21-Apr-04, to lugnet.lego.direct, FTX)

  Re: HELP!!!

(...) I'll second that - they've sent me a manas control unit (no charge, was defective out of the box), and replaced a light sensor for me (I payed shipping to send the broken unit back - and no, it was not broken out of the box, but failed after (...) (20 years ago, 20-Apr-04, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: HELP!!!

"mat" <mjjeffer@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:HwG92z.uMH@lugnet.com... (...) rcx (...) had (...) to (...) use (...) or (...) scrubbed (...) fresh (...) use (...) worked. (...) problems (...) know (...) a (...) especially (...) replacement. (...) (20 years ago, 20-Apr-04, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: HELP!!!

(...) I use Energizer E2 Batteries (alkaline, non rechargeable) and they were fresh from the packet. To check, I changed them for some Duracell M3's (We only use good batteries here) and for a fresh set of ordinary Energizers. Neither worked. As I (...) (20 years ago, 20-Apr-04, to lugnet.lego.direct, FTX)

  Re: HELP!!!

(...) Okay, you said you changed the batteries...do you use alkalines or rechargables? If you use rechargables, were they freshly recharged, or had they been sitting around for a while? I know my NiMHs, while excellent to use, tend to lose their (...) (20 years ago, 20-Apr-04, to lugnet.lego.direct, FTX)

  Re: HELP!!!

(...) No I hadn't - I just did and... Nothing. It's frustrating because the rcx won't even power on :( Thanks very much for trying though! matt (20 years ago, 20-Apr-04, to lugnet.lego.direct, FTX)

  Re: HELP!!!

(...) Have you tried leaving the batteries out long enough to erase the firmware (3-4 minutes I think). Maybe the RCS some how manage to get corrupted firmware. I once had one that had a bad firmware load that looked like is was dead. Lester (20 years ago, 19-Apr-04, to lugnet.lego.direct, FTX)

  HELP!!!

Dear Lego, HELP! I have a rcx2.0 sitting in front of me which I have had for nearly 2 years now and have never had any problems with, which has suddenly stopped working! It won't turn on, and I can't do anything with it :( :( :( :(!!! I have not got (...) (20 years ago, 19-Apr-04, to lugnet.lego.direct, FTX)

  Re: Chocolate Lego Bricks?

FUT: lugnet.general "Mark Bellis" <mark.bellis@tiscali.co.uk> wrote in message news:Hvyyy8.wvo@lugnet.com... (...) colour (...) safety (...) bricks, (...) olds. (...) late for (...) So lets recap... You're "a safety engineer"... You're "concerned (...) (20 years ago, 14-Apr-04, to lugnet.general, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: The return of .....

(...) If you buy it via Shop at home in the US you pay no sales tax (usually) and there is no VAT. If you buy it at a retail store you pay from 0-9% (varies with state) sales tax. How much do taxes figure into the equation (probably not 80%) Lester (...) (20 years ago, 13-Apr-04, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: The return of .....

(...) Ow come on... US price = $99.99 Belgian price = 149.99 Euro. $99.99 exchanged to Euro = 83 Euro... The price in Belgium is 180% as the price in the US!!!!! It is cheaper for me if someone in the US bought it for me and forward it. Sometimes i (...) (20 years ago, 13-Apr-04, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  The return of .....

#4504 Millennium Falcon Yes, you read right... The return of the Millennium Falcon! From today onwards, backorders can be placed at www.LEGOshop.com for the fastest ship in the galaxy! Backorders for the first orders will be sent out the second week (...) (20 years ago, 13-Apr-04, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Chocolate Lego Bricks?

(...) One can only hope... (...) One can only hope...not. (...) Ugh, no. Not only is natural ABS a rather unpleasant translucent creamy beige color, but it's highly prone to UV damage, causing it to get crusty and brittle. (20 years ago, 11-Apr-04, to lugnet.general, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Chocolate Lego Bricks?

(...) MMM...MMM! actually chocolate LEGO bricks taste good ;) I just recently ate some in Denmark and will show some pictures when I can get around to it... They don´t say LEGO on them, but they were bought from a LEGO venue ;) From what I know the (...) (20 years ago, 11-Apr-04, to lugnet.general, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Chocolate Lego Bricks?

I've just bought my first sets with the new colours in and the new brown colour is the same as a popular brand of chocolate (candy) here in the UK. As a safety engineer I would be concerned about an increase in children eating these bricks, (...) (20 years ago, 10-Apr-04, to lugnet.general, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Bulk Dark Gray and Light Gray 2x4's

(...) I tried that with the mosaic kits several weeks ago too. The rep (I wish I remembered her name) actually called their warehouse and was told it would be 'quite some time' before the current (read, old color) mosaic kit bags would run out. This (...) (20 years ago, 7-Apr-04, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Bulk Dark Gray and Light Gray 2x4's

(...) I just called consumer services and they don't know :-( Adr. (20 years ago, 7-Apr-04, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Bulk Dark Gray and Light Gray 2x4's

(...) I wouldn't read too much into the colors, as they have varied all over the map in the past, for instance, consider the color shown in the catalog for the mixed blue plate pack, it's way off LEGO blue. (URL) show you blue bricks and blue (...) (20 years ago, 7-Apr-04, to lugnet.lego.direct, FTX)

  Re: Bulk Dark Gray and Light Gray 2x4's

(...) No problem, no harm done, thanks for the apology. (...) Looks like the dark gray has now been changed to 'not available'. I was hoping they'd be in the new colors to support the new colors being in the 2004 sets. Best, Jonathan (20 years ago, 6-Apr-04, to lugnet.lego.direct, FTX)

  Re: Bulk Dark Gray and Light Gray 2x4's

(...) Doh! Sorry about that. I should paid better attention to the question you asked. (Sorry about the attitide, bad day, I shouldn't have let that leak into a Lugnet post.) Hmm... taking a look at shop.lego.com, the colors of the (URL) dark grey (...) (20 years ago, 6-Apr-04, to lugnet.lego.direct, FTX)

  Re: Bulk Dark Gray and Light Gray 2x4's

(...) Thanks, Jason. I am aware of the 'older colors being offered in other bulk packs'. My post is in reference to the packs of 50 2x4's each, not the special '10,000 run only' release of the older colors in assorted sizes that your link refers to. (...) (20 years ago, 6-Apr-04, to lugnet.lego.direct, FTX)

  Re: Bulk Dark Gray and Light Gray 2x4's

(...) Someone at LD could confirm, or someone here could use the magic of the search box and... (URL) Jason Spears | (URL) BrickCentral> (20 years ago, 6-Apr-04, to lugnet.lego.direct, FTX)

  Bulk Dark Gray and Light Gray 2x4's

Hello LD, I noticed on lego.com that the packs of 50 dark gray and light gray 2x4 bricks are available for back order, ready to ship in May (as well as light gray 2x2 bricks). I am wondering if these are going to be the new colors or not. I am (...) (20 years ago, 6-Apr-04, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: whats up with the rollout of the Lego Stores?

"Tim Courtney" <tim.courtney@SPAMCA...ktron.com> wrote in news:Hvpp22.AJB@lugnet.com: (...) Hi, i'm new here. I'm canadian, from québec city. I understand that AFOL seems to mean a fan of lego, but what's the exact meaning of the letters? Thanks. (20 years ago, 6-Apr-04, to lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.loc.ca)

  Re: Different mold on 1x6, 1x8

(...) Snip I believe that the one on the left is a newer mold (entailing a slight saving in material used) and the one on the right matches my bricks dating back to the mid '70s, so it's at least that old. I don't know when they introduced the new (...) (20 years ago, 6-Apr-04, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.general)

  Re: whats up with the rollout of the Lego Stores?

(...) Alexander - I encourage you to use your local store as a way to network with other AFOLs. Introduce yourself to the store manager, and ask if they wouldn't mind putting you in touch with other local AFOLs who come and buy. I imagine you aren't (...) (20 years ago, 5-Apr-04, to lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.loc.ca)

  Re: whats up with the rollout of the Lego Stores?

(...) Frank, I'm living in 30 minutes of driving from this Moscow store. And I think that you seem to be right - these days I see a lot of activity from TLC in Russia - various campaigns with other brands, TV advertising etc., there was nothing like (...) (20 years ago, 5-Apr-04, to lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.loc.ca)

  Re: whats up with the rollout of the Lego Stores?

"Christian Treczoks" <ct@braehler.com> wrote in message news:Hvoy1q.24Fz@lugnet.com... (...) Hmm, I wonder if Moscow gets a LEGO brand retail store because a definite market is perceived, but perhaps there aren't good retail partners to get the (...) (20 years ago, 5-Apr-04, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.loc.ca, lugnet.general)

  Re: Different mold on 1x6, 1x8

(...) The 1x4 whites in Tantative IV (if I remember correctly, I built it 10 days ago) are of both types. It got my attention since I never saw two versions of the same piece in the same Lego set. Maybe they just intorduced a new mold, and also (...) (20 years ago, 5-Apr-04, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.general)

  Re: whats up with the rollout of the Lego Stores?

(...) Anyhow, it would be nice if they put one in australia (1 in each captial city would be nice but start with Sydney and Melbourne I guess) (20 years ago, 5-Apr-04, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.loc.ca, lugnet.general)

  Re: whats up with the rollout of the Lego Stores?

(...) Well, first and foremost it would be a sensible and intelligent decision to open stores in places where there are actual customers for the given product. And the first thing one seems to learn at the manager school is to avoid sensible and (...) (20 years ago, 5-Apr-04, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.loc.ca, lugnet.general)

  Re: whats up with the rollout of the Lego Stores?

(...) are they getting *another* one? Or are you seeing an old page? I know they have had a store since 2002: (URL) have never known Lego to say where they were going to put a store, heck - they really do not even tell you that when it opens - you (...) (20 years ago, 5-Apr-04, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.loc.ca, lugnet.general)

  Re: whats up with the rollout of the Lego Stores?

(...) Potential for growth? (But that doesn't explain the other markets that *are* getting them, of course). Cheers Richie Dulin (20 years ago, 5-Apr-04, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.loc.ca, lugnet.general)

  Re: whats up with the rollout of the Lego Stores?

Tell me the last time LEGO did something that's made sense. *rolls eyes* -Anne (...) (20 years ago, 5-Apr-04, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.loc.ca, lugnet.general)

  whats up with the rollout of the Lego Stores?

Why is it that (acording to an official page at lego.com), Russia (of all places) is getting a Lego Store (in moscow) but countries with probobly a much greater market (e.g. Australia or Canada) arent? (20 years ago, 5-Apr-04, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.loc.ca, lugnet.general)

  Re: Different mold on 1x6, 1x8

OH BOY Rosco you just NOW looked at the bottom? You know, Clark has been tracking this for AGES... The "new" brick looks to be just molded in an older mold, as they seems to vary from set to set for me, sometimes I get the ones with the holes in the (...) (20 years ago, 3-Apr-04, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.general)

  Re: Different mold on 1x6, 1x8

(...) I did a little check on my 1xn bricks and saw this "problem" on all types and colours, from 1x2 to 1x8. In my opinion, there are two or more moulds, each with a little difference, and they change them every now and then. (For cleaning and (...) (20 years ago, 3-Apr-04, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.general)

  Re: Different mold on 1x6, 1x8

"Ross Crawford" <rosscraw@bigpond.net.au> wrote in message news:HvKK4B.zxH@lugnet.com... (...) different (...) importantly, (...) brick. The (...) bottom. Can it be old molds? Wasn´t the "older" bricks without holes? (I allways thought that the (...) (20 years ago, 3-Apr-04, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.general)

  Different mold on 1x6, 1x8

Has anyone else noticed this? It seems newer 1x6 & 1x8 bricks have a different mold. See this comparison: (URL) older brick on the left has holes in the bottom studs, but more importantly, the flanges on studs 2 & 4 don't go all the way to the (...) (20 years ago, 3-Apr-04, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.general)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact