 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 6011
Re: HELP!!!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Tue, 20 Apr 2004 15:53:52 GMT

"mat" <mjjeffer@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:HwG92z.uMH@lugnet.com...
In lugnet.lego.direct, David Laswell wrote:
In lugnet.lego.direct, Matthew Jeffery wrote:
No I hadn't - I just did and... Nothing. It's frustrating because the • rcx
won't even power on :( Thanks very much for trying though!

Okay, you said you changed the batteries...do you use alkalines or
rechargables? If you use rechargables, were they freshly recharged, or • had
they been sitting around for a while?  I know my NiMHs, while excellent • to
use, tend to lose their charge after a month or two, even if I didn't • use
them.  Also, did you check the contacts to see if there's any corrosion • or
oxidation?  I have a halogen lamp that wouldn't work at all until I • scrubbed
the terminals clean and it could get a solid electrical contact.

I use Energizer E2 Batteries (alkaline, non rechargeable) and they were • fresh
from the packet. To check, I changed them for some Duracell M3's (We only • use
good batteries here) and for a fresh set of ordinary Energizers. Neither • worked.
As I said, I checked the obvious stuff - including corrosion and other • problems
(I have had many problems with on remote controlled car in the past, so I • know
what to look for now)

I have now put the rcx into a kind of "grave". It is currently residing in • a
plastic box in my cupboard. It is a sad day when an RCX goes bye-bye, • especially
in these troubled times.

cheers and thanks for the help!
Matt

PS, the only thing I can think of now is if lego were to offer a • replacement.
This unit was in perfect working order until just a few days ago :(

Have you tried to call LEGO customer service?

In the past they have been pretty good about replacing things, though I
think they are a little less free in sending out replacements now (sometimes
asking for the defective item in return, or paying shipping and handling or
such).

Frank