 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 6008
Re: HELP!!!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Tue, 20 Apr 2004 00:58:27 GMT

In lugnet.lego.direct, Lester Witter wrote:
   In lugnet.lego.direct, Matthew Jeffery wrote:
   Dear Lego,

HELP! I have a rcx2.0 sitting in front of me which I have had for nearly 2 years now and have never had any problems with, which has suddenly stopped working! It won’t turn on, and I can’t do anything with it :( :( :( :(!!!

I have not got enough money to simply buy a new one, else I would, so please can you tell me what is wrong with it??? Please? Pretty please with a cherry on top? I have proof of purchase etc within australia. If this is a terminal condition, is it possible to get a replacement?

Oh, before anyone asks, I have done the bleeding obvious and changed the batteries, chacked for correct polarity, etc etc. I did IT helpdesk for a day and got so sick of people ringing to ask what was wrong with their computer and then having to tell them to turn it on that I check that myself before anything else. So yes, I have done the obvious. Being a RCX 2 means that I can’t plug it in and find out if it is simply a dodgy connector or what-not.

Please help me! I love robotics but I cannot do it without an rcx! HELP!!!

Thanks VERY much in advance,

Matt

“Make it so”

Have you tried leaving the batteries out long enough to erase the firmware (3-4 minutes I think). Maybe the RCS some how manage to get corrupted firmware. I once had one that had a bad firmware load that looked like is was dead.

Lester

No I hadn’t - I just did and... Nothing. It’s frustrating because the rcx won’t even power on :( Thanks very much for trying though!

matt