 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 6014
Re: HELP!!!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Wed, 21 Apr 2004 06:24:14 GMT

In lugnet.lego.direct, Matthew Jeffery wrote:
   Thank you all, and epecially thank you Lego customer service for being so good! It’s nice to talk to a human once in a while when calling for support (more than I can say for activision’s support!)

That’s only true when you’re dealing with a cool Consumer Support department (of which The LEGO Company is a rare example). When I bought the TRU-exclusive Hasbro TIE Interceptor (one of only two copies shipped to the local store), and discovered upon returning home that one side of the included TIE Fighter pilot (which was the only reason I bought it in the first place) had a head that was 1/8” higher on one side than it was on the other (pretty disturbing on a supposedly symmetrical helmet worn by a 4” tall action figure). By the time I got back to the store, the other copy had sold, and when I called Hasbro to ask for a replacement, I was informed that “It’s a store exclusive, and we don’t ever stock any replacement parts for exclusives, so you’re basically stuck with what you got unless you return it to the store.” I got to talk to a real live person, but it didn’t make the taste in my mouth any less bitter. On the other hand, when I found that someone had stolen the Kanohi from a Matoro that I’d bought from McDonalds, and I called up to ask for a replacement, the person I talked to informed me essentially the same thing...but that she happened to have an entire unopened set sitting on her desk that she’d send me to replace the one single piece that I was missing. Ironically, I now have at least a dozen extra copies of that same Kanohi sitting around unused...