 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 6010
Re: HELP!!!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Tue, 20 Apr 2004 03:16:11 GMT

In lugnet.lego.direct, David Laswell wrote:
   In lugnet.lego.direct, Matthew Jeffery wrote:
   No I hadn’t - I just did and... Nothing. It’s frustrating because the rcx won’t even power on :( Thanks very much for trying though!

Okay, you said you changed the batteries...do you use alkalines or rechargables? If you use rechargables, were they freshly recharged, or had they been sitting around for a while? I know my NiMHs, while excellent to use, tend to lose their charge after a month or two, even if I didn’t use them. Also, did you check the contacts to see if there’s any corrosion or oxidation? I have a halogen lamp that wouldn’t work at all until I scrubbed the terminals clean and it could get a solid electrical contact.

I use Energizer E2 Batteries (alkaline, non rechargeable) and they were fresh from the packet. To check, I changed them for some Duracell M3’s (We only use good batteries here) and for a fresh set of ordinary Energizers. Neither worked. As I said, I checked the obvious stuff - including corrosion and other problems (I have had many problems with on remote controlled car in the past, so I know what to look for now)

I have now put the rcx into a kind of “grave”. It is currently residing in a plastic box in my cupboard. It is a sad day when an RCX goes bye-bye, especially in these troubled times.

cheers and thanks for the help! Matt

PS, the only thing I can think of now is if lego were to offer a replacement. This unit was in perfect working order until just a few days ago :(