 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 6009
Re: HELP!!!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Tue, 20 Apr 2004 01:17:23 GMT

In lugnet.lego.direct, Matthew Jeffery wrote:
   No I hadn’t - I just did and... Nothing. It’s frustrating because the rcx won’t even power on :( Thanks very much for trying though!

Okay, you said you changed the batteries...do you use alkalines or rechargables? If you use rechargables, were they freshly recharged, or had they been sitting around for a while? I know my NiMHs, while excellent to use, tend to lose their charge after a month or two, even if I didn’t use them. Also, did you check the contacts to see if there’s any corrosion or oxidation? I have a halogen lamp that wouldn’t work at all until I scrubbed the terminals clean and it could get a solid electrical contact.