 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 6068
Re: Changes to the 10021 - U.S.S. Constellation
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Sat, 7 Aug 2004 15:51:28 GMT

Another change not mentioned (in this thread) is that the three 2x4 light gray
plates on the deck (mid-ship, under the lifeboat) were originally three 2x4
CLEAR plates.  That explains why the space under those three 2x4 plates was so
carefully constructed as to allow space under them - as opposed to just having
the red deck plates be one big piece and the 2x4 plates simply snapped on top.
However, I don't know why a lifeboat would be on top of glass located mid-ship
anyway (as in the original design).  I probably would have pulled the clear
plates and replaced them with gray (as they did with the new version), or
removed the lifeboat for visual integrity (as they did with the Titanic).