 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 5603
Re: Changes to the 10021 - U.S.S. Constellation
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Thu, 20 Feb 2003 16:15:01 GMT

In lugnet.lego.direct, Larry Pieniazek writes:
In lugnet.lego.direct, Larry Pieniazek writes:

I thought "spy photos" indicated that was what they actually were already
doing but I could be misremembering.

I am misremembering. Sorry!

The box shown at BricksWest has it the conventional way as well.

Not exactly.  The box shown at Brickswest was what looked to be the original
artwork from when the set was first released (the kid had the Rolls Royce
model on the shelf behind him, for goodness sake!)  It looked to me, and the
few people that I mentioned it to, that the box art had been digitally
manipulated to make the old 1x1 window bricks to appear more like headlight
bricks mounted in a standard orientation.  It's quite clear that they're not
the real headlight bricks, though.

However, the new catalog that I received yesterday, with the Constellation
on the back, has proper pictures of the model with headlight bricks in the
standard (ie, not backwards) configuration, with the indented part of the
brick facing out.

I don't know if the box art from Brickswest is just a prototype, or if
that's the way it's actually going to appear in stores.

Adrian
--
http://www.brickfrenzy.com