 Space / 34409
Re: why has lego direct ignored the space theme?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space, lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Tue, 15 Jun 2004 19:16:28 GMT

In lugnet.space, Dave Lovelace wrote:

I've said it before, I'll say it again.  A Classic Space Legend, along with one
or two (or seven or eight!) MOC's designed by fans.  Huge this would be.

I couldn't agree more!  Bring back something from Classic Space, Futuron, or
even Blacktron (not Blacktron II), and it would be a huge hit.

Retro-future space is very cool and would sell well as LEGO sets!

As for fan created sets, I'd like to see a Pre Classic Space creation for sure.
I'm sure there would be legal issues with a "Star Wars" fan created set, but
that would be cool too.

Something that would sell very well are PODs.  They'd be small, inexpensive sets
with lots of "wooshability".  :)

Jeff