 Space / 34412
Re: why has lego direct ignored the space theme?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space, lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Tue, 15 Jun 2004 21:09:44 GMT

In lugnet.space, Jeff Findley wrote:
In lugnet.space, Dave Lovelace wrote:
I've said it before, I'll say it again.  A Classic Space Legend, along
with one or two (or seven or eight!) MOC's designed by fans.  Huge this
would be.

I couldn't agree more!  Bring back something from Classic Space, Futuron, or
even Blacktron (not Blacktron II), and it would be a huge hit.

I've moved on from wanting a space Legend.  Yeah, I'd buy it- but I'd really
rather have something new.

Retro-future space is very cool and would sell well as LEGO sets!

As for fan created sets, I'd like to see a Pre Classic Space creation for
sure. I'm sure there would be legal issues with a "Star Wars" fan created
set, but that would be cool too.

I don't see any reason for a fan-created Star Wars set... we've already got tons
of SW sets.

The main thing I'd like to see on any new space theme would be SNOT
construction.  I want some official sets that use well-integrated SNOT, and show
everyone how to do it.  Greebling would be good too.  PCS would be a great
delivery platform for both of these techniques, but anything else that does this
would be fine by me.  There are a number of builders who hang out in .space who
can consistently do beautiful work- I'd love to see Lego pick someone from here
to do a My Own Creation set.

Something that would sell very well are PODs.  They'd be small, inexpensive
sets with lots of "wooshability".  :)

I don't see Lego doing PODs... they're cute, but I'd guess not interesting
enough for broad appeal (to non-FOLs).

--
Tony Hafner
www.hafhead.com