 Space / 9720
9719  |  9721
Subject:
why has lego direct ignored the space theme?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space, lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Sat, 7 Jul 2001 01:12:19 GMT

Train gets the My Own Train plus the train cars, as well as various bulk
packs.
Castle gets the Guarded Inn rerelease plus there are the new cool harry
potter sets comming out (not lego direct but castle fans like them all
the same)
Pirate fans get the 3 pirate set reissues as part of "lego classics"
Technic fans get the 2 new offroder cars plus the reissues of the
forklift and digger.

But us space fans get nothing.
Starwars is ok but I HATE the special parts (windscreens, engine pieces,
laser gun pieces etc) for use in space MOCs, I prefer to use the
traditional space windscreens (the ones that use the "car roof" hinges
instead of this click hinge garbage), rocket engine pieces (the ones
that are on a 2 x 2 plate...) and etc in my creations but practicaly
none of the current sets feature these pieces.

What space fans need is a reissue of a set like 6873 deep freeze
defender or one of the great classic space sets like 6980 galaxy
commander
or perhaps a set like 6923 particle ionizer
or 6925 interplanetary rover
or 6988 alpha centauri outpost
or even 6985 cosmic fleet voyager

There are many more that, if reissued would probobly make many space
fans really happy, so come on lego direct, please do something about the
lack of good space sets.