 Space / 10292
Re: why has lego direct ignored the space theme?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Mon, 30 Jul 2001 05:48:38 GMT

Brad stated no "Fantasy" space sets.  LOM is pretty much an offshoot
of the town spaceport subgroup and is not precluded by the agreement.

--
Overkill is the only sure kill.

SR

"Kyle D. Jackson" <flightdeck@sympatico.deletethisspamblock.ca> wrote
in message news:GH9DKy.A7n@lugnet.com...
In lugnet.space, Kevin Loch writes:
In lugnet.space, Lindsay Frederick Braun writes:
  Is the proscription against LEGO producing "clearly" .space • sets,
  which was part of their agreement with Lucas to get the SW • license,
  still in effect?  That might explain why LD hasn't been going • for
  space sets (yet).

  LFB

Brad said the prohibition lasts at least through the next two • movies.
We really can't complain because the SW line is incredible, and • likely
better than what would take it's place.  The only thing I wish they • would
do is bring back more Trans-yellow elements.  Surely they could • find a way
to work those into the SW sets.

(Ya gotta love my timely participation in this thread!  ;] )

Okay, if TLC is restricted from producing any "clearly" space
sets, then how can they produce the Life On Mars line?  I've
been curious about this for quite some time.

KDJ
LUGNETer #203, Windsor, Ontario, Canada