 Space / 10293
Re: question about classic space printed 1 x 6 x 5 bricks
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Mon, 30 Jul 2001 08:08:33 GMT

In lugnet.space, Jonathan Wilson writes:
I seem to remember one that had "countdown" numbers on the top or
something, what set did it come in?

How many different patterns were there?

   I'm aware of at least two.  One is from 6970 (Beta-I Command
   Base), and shows the ground-level shot of a standing rocket
   with a white Classic space guy in the lower right corner, looking
   up at it.  The numbers at the top (six positions) say "L.L.2079"
   (the dots are with the Ls).

   493 Space Command Center (O that of the varying baseplates?)
   also had one of these in a different pattern; that's a floating
   white Classic space dude, again from the back, working on some
   geegaw floating in space.  I'm not aware what the digits read
   on that one, because I don't own any copies of that set (gasp!).

   I'm not aware of any other patterns for that part, or any other
   appearances--but others naturally have much better knowledge than
   I of the Space run.

   best

   LFB