 Space / 10284
Re: why has lego direct ignored the space theme?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Sun, 29 Jul 2001 23:36:34 GMT

In lugnet.space, Kevin Loch writes:
In lugnet.space, Lindsay Frederick Braun writes:
  Is the proscription against LEGO producing "clearly" .space sets,
  which was part of their agreement with Lucas to get the SW license,
  still in effect?  That might explain why LD hasn't been going for
  space sets (yet).

  LFB

Brad said the prohibition lasts at least through the next two movies.
We really can't complain because the SW line is incredible, and likely
better than what would take it's place.  The only thing I wish they would
do is bring back more Trans-yellow elements.  Surely they could find a way
to work those into the SW sets.

(Ya gotta love my timely participation in this thread!  ;] )

Okay, if TLC is restricted from producing any "clearly" space
sets, then how can they produce the Life On Mars line?  I've
been curious about this for quite some time.

KDJ
LUGNETer #203, Windsor, Ontario, Canada