 Space / 34413
Re: why has lego direct ignored the space theme?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space, lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Tue, 15 Jun 2004 21:44:03 GMT

In lugnet.space, Tony Hafner wrote:

The main thing I'd like to see on any new space theme would be SNOT
construction.  I want some official sets that use well-integrated SNOT, and show
everyone how to do it.  Greebling would be good too.

Agreed.  As a castle guy, I learned a ton by building Dan Siskind's Blacksmith
Shop design (also very educational for town builders).  Look through recent
castle creations (e.g. search "tudor" on Brickshelf:
http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/search.cgi?q=tudor&stype=f&n=6  ) to see how
that set has had wide influence.  I'm not a train guy, so I never got James
Mathis' cars, but from the comments I read it sounds like this was similarly
instructional.  I'd like to see them use the use of novel construction
techniques (at least novel to official sets) as a criterion in choosing MOC sets
from other themes.

Bruce