 General / 46860
Re: whats up with the rollout of the Lego Stores?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.loc.ca
Date:
Mon, 5 Apr 2004 19:00:37 GMT

Frank Filz wrote:

Hmm, I wonder if Moscow gets a LEGO brand retail store because a definite
market is perceived, but perhaps there aren't good retail partners to get
the product into Russia. Most other countries have well established toy
retailers with global connections.

Frank

Frank, I'm living in 30 minutes of driving from this Moscow store. And I think
that you seem to be right - these days I see a lot of activity from TLC in
Russia - various campaigns with other brands, TV advertising etc., there was
nothing like this two years ago. In Russia, LEGO brand still have very small
presence (try to find another AFOL in Russia but me, for example :) ) and large
potential.

WBR,
Alexander