 General / 46868
Re: whats up with the rollout of the Lego Stores?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.loc.ca
Date:
Tue, 6 Apr 2004 03:27:25 GMT

"Tim Courtney" <tim.courtney@SPAMCAKE.zacktron.com> wrote in

In lugnet.general, Alexander Horoshilov wrote:
Frank Filz wrote:

Hmm, I wonder if Moscow gets a LEGO brand retail store because a
definite market is perceived, but perhaps there aren't good retail
partners to get the product into Russia. Most other countries have
well established toy retailers with global connections.

Frank

Frank, I'm living in 30 minutes of driving from this Moscow store.
And I think that you seem to be right - these days I see a lot of
activity from TLC in Russia - various campaigns with other brands, TV
advertising etc., there was nothing like this two years ago. In
Russia, LEGO brand still have very small presence (try to find
another AFOL in Russia but me, for example :) ) and large potential.

WBR,
Alexander

Alexander -
I encourage you to use your local store as a way to network with other
AFOLs. Introduce yourself to the store manager, and ask if they
wouldn't mind putting you in touch with other local AFOLs who come and
buy.

I imagine you aren't the only AFOL who buys there, the issue really is
finding a way for you to connect with them.

-Tim

Hi, i'm new here.  I'm canadian, from québec city.
I understand that AFOL seems to mean a fan of lego,
but what's the exact meaning of the letters?

Thanks.