 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / *474 (-100)
  Re: Lego Direct vs S@H (was Re: Can you a 5' credit card for me?)

I would add to Larry's statement about life being much richer. LUGNET has enriched my life and LEGO's pockets. Being able to share ideas with like minded people (train heads in my case) has made my LEGO hobby a great deal more fun. Before finding (...) (24 years ago, 1-Aug-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  (canceled)

  Re: Lego Direct vs S@H (was Re: Can you a 5' credit card for me?)

(...) I agree and further, I'd posit that it may not really matter in the large scheme of things that LD the division has S@H (LSAH) the org in its org chart but for branding reasons LD the brand is separate from S@H the brand. Who cares really? I (...) (24 years ago, 1-Aug-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Lego Direct vs S@H (was Re: Can you a 5' credit card for me?)

(...) Todd, I think you are fighting a loosing battle. The semantical problem created between LD and S@H is as a direct result of poor communication on behalf of LD and the infrequent posts here on Lugnet. This is furthered by a slow to react Lego (...) (24 years ago, 1-Aug-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Can you a 5' credit card for me?

(...) Actually, LEGO Direct doesn't actually sell anything. LEGO Direct is TLC's "consumer-facing entity" online and offline. LEGO Shop At Home is the business that sells the bricks. (...) I think LEGO Direct may actually be more worldwide (at least (...) (24 years ago, 31-Jul-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.build, lugnet.lego.direct)

  RE: LEGO Direct Job openings

Well, it seems that we're [1] not the only country to have this side of TLG exposed...For an earlier example of this policy of TLG towards 'Boy' and 'Girl' toys, as distinct from childrens toys, have a look at: (URL) for the text component of the (...) (24 years ago, 31-Jul-00, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.org.au)

  Re: LEGO Direct Job openings

There are 8 jobs listed on (URL) also. One of the interesting ones was for a designer for a new line of "girl" toys. Here is part of the description: -- We are focused on building a line of Girls products ranging from Arts & Crafts, to Accessories (...) (24 years ago, 30-Jul-00, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.general)

  Re: LEGO Direct Job openings

(...) consider incorporating into their marketing strategy. At first I thought an AFOL magazine similar to Mania might be interesting. Instead of comics of legos aimed at kids, highlight projects done by adults. Some web pages of projects are (...) (24 years ago, 29-Jul-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  LEGO Direct Job openings

I found extensive descriptions of two LEGO Direct job openings on Dice.com today. Perhaps someone is interested in applying, but maybe of more interest are the actual descriptions. I particular was happy to see references to "mass-customized (...) (24 years ago, 28-Jul-00, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.general)

  Re: What's the difference between LEGO Direct and LEGO Shop At Home?

(...) Just to set the record straight, this was actually requested on June 22 via email and not during the FTF discussion on July 19, and it was not a mere "suggestion" that LD "might" want to offer some clarification, but rather a very serious (...) (24 years ago, 25-Jul-00, to lugnet.lego.direct) !

  Re: What's the difference between LEGO Direct and LEGO Shop At Home?

(...) That certainly clears things up. It does seem a bit confusing though when the packages from LEGO Shop At Home arrive with a return label saying LDMI, though perhaps that is usual practice in this kind of setup. It is more understandable that (...) (24 years ago, 25-Jul-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  What's the difference between LEGO Direct and LEGO Shop At Home?

Hello, everyone! Hope you are all having a great summer. We’re very pleased by the response to our initial offering of LEGO bulk packs, and we hope that you’re looking forward to the many exciting initiatives we have lined up for the fall. But more (...) (24 years ago, 25-Jul-00, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.lego.announce, lugnet.general) !

  Re: Does LD consider requests? How popular would these pieces be?

Many thanks for that - I'm now filling out my own requests. :-) Cheers ... Geoffrey Hyde Manfred Moolhuysen <moom@nospamchello.nl> wrote in message news:Fy7wLB.6G@lugnet.com... (...) seen (...) use (...) this (...) more (...) (24 years ago, 25-Jul-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Does LD consider requests? How popular would these pieces be?

(...) I would like to draw your attention to the "Lego Direct wants page" (See (URL) ), especialy designed for this purpose, with the thought in mind that single a combined list is mutch more accessible for Lego Direct than a bunch of individual (...) (24 years ago, 24-Jul-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Bulk service discount extended

Hello, I just noticed that the "special pricing" discount code WB600 has been extended to last through August 31, 2000. As before: (URL) McC/ (24 years ago, 23-Jul-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Does LD consider requests? How popular would these pieces be?

Inverted extreme slope brick in a 1x3 and 2x3 size - particularly in yellow. White window frame 1x4x3 with matching shutters in the same color. Other colors too, please! Glass for me would be optional, although I suppose they could include it as a (...) (24 years ago, 21-Jul-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: ldraw.org Kidvention Thanks

Are there Any Fotos of the event ? URL ? thanks. See ya Rui Martins (24 years ago, 17-Jul-00, to lugnet.events, lugnet.legoland, lugnet.cad, lugnet.lego.direct)

  ldraw.org Kidvention Thanks

Hey everybody.. I'd like to take the time to thank many people who played a critical role in making the LDraw demonstration at Kidvention a successful event. First off, A HUGE thanks goes out to Lego Direct - Brad Justus, Heidi Bailey, & Heidi's (...) (24 years ago, 17-Jul-00, to lugnet.legoland, lugnet.events, lugnet.cad, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Bulk Sales in the 21st Century

(...) The ISBN is 0-7894-4691-X for the Ultimate LEGO Book. Published in the USA by DK Publishing Inc. Published in Great Britain by Dorling Kindersley. Just an FYI for those looking for it. Mike All other themes are just spare parts for Castle! (24 years ago, 14-Jul-00, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.general)

  Re: Bulk Prices!

(...) Not really just plastic; also pigmnets to colour the plastic. I work in the printing ink industrie, and many of the pigments we use, are also used for plastic. The price of pigments are anything from 3 USD /kg and uppwoards. The most (...) (24 years ago, 12-Jul-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Bulk Sales in the 21st Century

Chapters is a big Canadian book store that has real life locations and a website at www.chapters.ca. I went there to look up the LEGO book, and they can get it! (...) to (...) pages (...) (24 years ago, 12-Jul-00, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.general)

  Re: Bulk Sales in the 21st Century

I've never heard of Chapters, but the the book should be available at book stores like Waldon's, B. Dalton, and the like. If they don't have it they can probably order it. I'm pretty sure I've seen it at some online retailer's web sites as well. (...) (24 years ago, 12-Jul-00, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.general)

  Re: Bulk Sales in the 21st Century

I didn't know there was a Lego book. Would Chapters carry it, or do I have to order it from LEGO? (...) (24 years ago, 12-Jul-00, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.general)

  Re: Bulk Sales in the 21st Century

(...) If you don't already have it, buy The Ultimate LEGO Book. Then read pages 32-37. Brian (24 years ago, 12-Jul-00, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.general)

  Re: Bulk Sales in the 21st Century

(...) You are just right. Actually there is a term SMED (Single Minute Exchange of Dies) extensively used in Total Quality terminology, which covers many methods to decrease the time consumed during die changes down to below 10 minute barrier (...) (24 years ago, 11-Jul-00, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.general)

  Re: Bulk Prices!

(...) I remember orering rom Lego several times as a kid...trees and flowers, red/green/yellow 10x20x1 megabrick/plates, the small yellow Legoland forklift, etc 2 experiences I remember best: I recall getting a catalog in 1975 or 1976 advertising a (...) (24 years ago, 10-Jul-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Bulk Prices!

(...) I remember when I was 9-12 years old (1962-65) back in the days when there were 138 different parts packs available, all of them sold in Toy Stores. I used to walk the 10 blocks to "Earl's Bike Shop" in Detroit. They had all the Samsonite (...) (24 years ago, 10-Jul-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Bulk Sales in the 21st Century

(...) Maybe. I dunno. I guess I would ask not how much *labor* was involved, but rather, how much time transpired while the machine was out of production. In your description, for example, the bull time to bring the new mold from storage has no (...) (24 years ago, 10-Jul-00, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.general)

  Re: Bulk Sales in the 21st Century

(...) factor for (...) to (...) That may be, but when I worked in the plastic part plant, and I changed material and colors numerous times when I was a Utility, a color change merely required a dumping of the material from the hopper, blowing it out (...) (24 years ago, 10-Jul-00, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.general)

  Re: Bulk Prices!

(...) Wow! Where did you hear that number? I wonder how much of that is me? ++Lar (24 years ago, 10-Jul-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Bulk Sales in the 21st Century

(...) I disagree. Consider the example of mold tooling that was built to the same form factor for the same machine. To change from one to the other requires merely a substitution of the tooling and a change in settings for amount of plastic to (...) (24 years ago, 10-Jul-00, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.general)

  Re: Bulk Prices!

(...) I had severl orders, from 8 years old until I was 18. If you count over 18, well, it is a lot of counting! : ) Scott S. -- (24 years ago, 10-Jul-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Bulk Prices!

(...) Well, I used S@H from Israel and forced my uncle to ship the sets to me... (I think the first time I did that was at 13). -Shiri (24 years ago, 9-Jul-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Bulk Prices!

(...) When I was a child in the 80s, I would buy from S@H Canada. I would think long and hard about what I wanted. I would stare at the last pages in the in-set catalogue. Then I would figure out what I could afford with my limited budget. I would (...) (24 years ago, 9-Jul-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Bulk Prices!

(...) I still have the receipt from one order I made when I was about ten years old. :) several trees & flowers service packs, some crater baseplates and space landing baseplates, and other good stuff :) (24 years ago, 9-Jul-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Bulk Prices!

(...) I heard that from a few WAMALUG members when I was at Brickfest. The manager of the outlet store (WAMALUG member, I believe) reports WAMALUG sales figures separate from general sales figures to her boss at TLC. Kinda nice, that way TLC is more (...) (24 years ago, 9-Jul-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Bulk Prices!

"Tim Courtney" <tim@zacktron.com> wrote in message news:FxF8AJ.HMo@lugnet.com... [ ... snipped ... ] (...) be (...) yet (...) Where did this number come from? While I suspect the WAMALUG members are buying lots of stuff from the Outlet I find it (...) (24 years ago, 9-Jul-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Bulk Prices!

(...) Oops, that's missing some important words. It should say: Getting themselves geared up for bulk purchasing and anything else related to it which they may or may not choose to do, such as short just-in-time production runs (if they can switch (...) (24 years ago, 9-Jul-00, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.general)

  Re: Bulk Prices!

(...) I do, yes. Absolutely. In fact, they have (at least BradJ has) already begun to communicate with consumers about other things...LDraw at Kidvention, for example. --Todd (24 years ago, 9-Jul-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Bulk Prices!

When I was young (early 80s) I drooled over the parts packs brochure. I never begged my parents to order any ("You already have too much Lego" might have been the answer.) Now I live in an apartment building. One day in the elevator I observed a (...) (24 years ago, 9-Jul-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Bulk Prices!

(...) Its hard to say right now. I sure hope so. I know that right now I'm preparing to go to the Kidvention at Legoland California to demonstrate LDraw with a few other CAD enthusiasts, and that TLC is providing a lot for me and my crew. This is (...) (24 years ago, 9-Jul-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Bulk Prices!

I really wonder who else (other than the adult Lego community) regularly uses Shop At Home to make purchases. You have to be a die hard Lego fan to go to the trouble of mail ordering specific pieces. There is lots of selection in the stores to keep (...) (24 years ago, 9-Jul-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Bulk Prices!

(...) Do you think that they will begin to communicate with consumers about other things than bulk sales? Ben Roller (24 years ago, 9-Jul-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Bulk Prices!

(...) I think TLC is absolutely not doing this as a favour to us, although we can certainly be happy perceiving it that way and TLC would be equally happy for us to perceive it that way. I think TLC is doing this because they realize they do need to (...) (24 years ago, 9-Jul-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Bulk Prices!

Oops, I sent this to Richard when I meant to post it. Here's a second try.... I have to argue with the 'vote with your dollars' logic. If no one buys the bulk bricks, TLC will come to the conclusion that there is no demand for them and stop selling (...) (24 years ago, 9-Jul-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

Tom McDonald <radiotitan@yanospamhoo.com> wrote in message news:FxEoJG.Aq2@lugnet.com... (...) though (...) be (...) injection (...) through (...) Or do they have newer machines that simply flush out the old color with a bit of compressed air or (...) (24 years ago, 9-Jul-00, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.general)

  Re: Bulk Sales in the 21st Century

(...) This sounds like one of the few things that could stop the flow of ABS, though I doubt it's cleaned inside very often. (...) I totally agree. The unknown here seems to be how many pieces must go through a mold before the new color completely (...) (24 years ago, 9-Jul-00, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.general)

  Re: Bulk Sales in the 21st Century

(...) I'm sure that there is a feed system of pellets (most likely) to each injection machine. Probably one gravity tube, that can possibly have different colors fed into it. (...) Possibly, it would be nice to know. As some have said we often get (...) (24 years ago, 8-Jul-00, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.general)

  Re: Bulk Sales in the 21st Century

Sorry, I didn't chop off all the quoted stuff in that last posting. Done by accident, I assure you... BTW Tom, you probably guessed that most of that message was for everyone, not directly for yourself. <ICS> (24 years ago, 7-Jul-00, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.general)

  Re: Bulk Sales in the 21st Century

(...) Absolutely. TLC makes money whether we buy bricks or sets, either from retailers or directly from TLC. The question becomes the number of middlemen involved in the transaction. Tom, I agree with all the points you've just made.. I want to see (...) (24 years ago, 7-Jul-00, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.general)

  Re: Bulk Sales in the 21st Century

Hello Benjamin, I think Tom has adequately addressed the further points you have raised. If there is anything specific you want me to answer, please ask. Tom, I'd like to thank you for setting the record straight on many set availability issues I am (...) (24 years ago, 7-Jul-00, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.general)

  Re: Is a BSB really worth $350 plus shipping?

(...) I wonder if some of the rarer stuff will ever be available again. Maybe the slopes in rare colors, and maybe the light blue, pink, purple, teal, brown and beige bricks in all sizes. But I haven't heard about the classic windows (I asked Brad (...) (24 years ago, 7-Jul-00, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.market.theory, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Bulk Sales in the 21st Century

(...) Well said Tom. I think it's hilarious when people say how much better their country is than the US because they get free X, and then whine about why everything costs more in their country or why businesses don't want to set up or expand (...) (24 years ago, 7-Jul-00, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.general, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Bulk Sales in the 21st Century

(...) And why would that hurt TLG? Remember, LD parts will most likely have a MUCH higher profit margin, as there are ZERO middlemen in the distribution path. (...) I wouldn't even know who to call as a distributor, unless you mean S@H/LD. And if (...) (24 years ago, 7-Jul-00, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.general)

  RE: Bulk Sales in the 21st Century

(...) All I was saying was that the time the machines were used in the sorting, etc of LD orders was time that was being taken from the task of sorting for the sets to be released, and as it was stated that the machines are kept running 24 hours, I (...) (24 years ago, 7-Jul-00, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.general)

  Re: Bulk Sales in the 21st Century

(...) You need to re-read his premise - the lines would handle BOTH Bulk and sets. To whit: (...) And NZ had BETTER than an LD for years, yet noone let the secret out. (...) Want to back that up with details? The only real exclusives I currently (...) (24 years ago, 7-Jul-00, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.general)

  Re: Bulk Sales in the 21st Century

Legoland California has a factory tour which provide a lot of insights into the production. The video in the waiting lines is long about 15-20 minutes and has company history, commericals, and factory clips. Inside contains a working molding machine (...) (24 years ago, 6-Jul-00, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.general)

  Re: Is a BSB really worth $350 plus shipping?

(...) Actually, I'd expect that one of the most significant factors in the price of pirate ships is if someone is stocking up for the pirate game. My stocking run was quite noticeable to a lot of pirate fans. If the price seems to be levelling off (...) (24 years ago, 6-Jul-00, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.market.theory, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Bulk Sales in the 21st Century

(...) I think they do a little bit of post molding finishing. I'm pretty sure I read about this in one of the books. Depending on the cost to do this (which almost certainly changes over time), they may finish some parts and not others. (24 years ago, 6-Jul-00, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.general)

  Re: Bulk Sales in the 21st Century

(...) I would guess that you are correct. I, and other people (IIRC), have gotten parts with swirls of other colors in them, which leads me to believe that they don't hand clean them between runs. Mine is a pretty nifty brick, actually, and I'd love (...) (24 years ago, 6-Jul-00, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.general)

Ian Sinclair <sinclair@cadvision.com> wrote in message news:39643b6f.527169...ion.com... (...) Maybe that is the case, but I've seen one report that the facilities they use are fed from a set of huge silos containing raw ABS materials in different (...) (24 years ago, 6-Jul-00, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.general)

  Re: Is a BSB really worth $350 plus shipping?

(...) No, they are not. They are worth whatever someone wants to pay for one on a given day. That's it and that's all. I suppose if it were MISB and just A+ all the way (not my experience for eBay, mind you), perhaps one might argue for the premium (...) (24 years ago, 6-Jul-00, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.market.theory, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Bulk Sales in the 21st Century

On Thu, 6 Jul 2000 05:52:48 GMT, you wrote: Benjamin, either I didn't do a very good job on my initial post or you didn't read carefully enough. If you read my reply to Erik Olsen, you'll see that this reorganization of primary and secondary lines (...) (24 years ago, 6-Jul-00, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.general)

  Re: Bulk Sales in the 21st Century

(...) Opps... Thanks Geoffrey. It was late, I have no other excuse. <ICS> (24 years ago, 6-Jul-00, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.general)

  Re: Bulk Sales in the 21st Century

Erik, you raise many excellent points. I outlined the core idea, the plan is in the details. Some thoughts on what you have said. (...) Erik, if TLC has production lines than currently run unmanned, there is no reason a different organization of (...) (24 years ago, 6-Jul-00, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.general)

Ian Sinclair <sinclair@cadvision.com> wrote in message news:3963efd5.607927...ion.com... HOW TO DO BULK SALES IN THE 21st CENTURY ~~~...~~~ Be prepared, this is long... I hope you find it is worth reading. I think it is time we stopped guessing (...) (24 years ago, 6-Jul-00, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.general)

  RE: Bulk Sales in the 21st Century

One minor problem with all this...If TLG were to decide to do this, then they would end up putting a sizeable percentage of their machinery to work on the production and filling of customer orders. This machinery would therefore not be available to (...) (24 years ago, 6-Jul-00, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.general)

  Re: Bulk Sales in the 21st Century

(...) Ian, I think you started off on the right premise--we're all guessing. But then you go on to assert that your scheme would be cost-effective. What makes you so sure? You've set forth a tidy scheme, but the numbers are still an unknown. Can be (...) (24 years ago, 6-Jul-00, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.general)

  Bulk Sales in the 21st Century

HOW TO DO BULK SALES IN THE 21st CENTURY ~~~...~~~ Be prepared, this is long... I hope you find it is worth reading. I think it is time we stopped guessing what The LEGO Group's real costs are. None of us know; period. Some people with actual TLC (...) (24 years ago, 6-Jul-00, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.general) !

  Re: Bulk Prices!

That's all well and good, but isn't there a fixed minimum cost below which one cannot go - IE in order to turn the molding machine on and have it churn out bricks from the designated mold wouldn't there still have to be a minimum cost incurred for (...) (24 years ago, 5-Jul-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Bulk Prices!

(...) <excellent price / cost analysis snipped> (...) A few points to consider in the price analysis: I believe the 1200 piece buckets, and other, similar offerings, are kind of a loss leader for Lego; they don't aim to make a profit on them, but (...) (24 years ago, 5-Jul-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Bulk Prices!

(...) I remember seeing this in RTL and market.theory<?>. Recently picked up 15. Auction off everything but the black and green. When I saw the bulk prices from LD I began thinking maybe I should hold on to some. I believe there is another tub (...) (24 years ago, 1-Jul-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Additions at Lego Direct

(...) Thanks for the heads up! True to form though, there is no mention of the third page from the first page of the Bulk Ordering pages (not as of 1:35 pm pacific time). Of course, some of us are guilty of such ommissions from time to time...but (...) (24 years ago, 30-Jun-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Additions at Lego Direct

Hiya Everyone, I didn't see a post of this, so I thought I would pass the word. A third page has been added to LD site. It seems to cover most of what everyone was talking about here as far as product errors! Keep building! - Jim Foulds (24 years ago, 30-Jun-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  and bulk packs update as well...

Please excuse that I keep replying to my own e-mail, but I've just seen that TLC has added a thrid page of bulk ordering as well (for the mix-up pieces, I guess): (URL) Christian --- xTI@N. P.S.: Note that I usually reply slow... ---...--- The World (...) (24 years ago, 30-Jun-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Spreadsheet to order from Lego Direct

Bryan, thanks for your kind words! Good name, too. In the next version I may add a link to Partsref - since I'm still working on a modem myself I'm sensitive to the size issue. I do hope to keep it up-to-date as the selection improves - somebody (...) (24 years ago, 30-Jun-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Spreadsheet to order from Lego Direct

Heather, That is a really great spreadsheet! I hope you continue to upgrade and share it with the community as Lego Direct expands their product line (with real train doors & windows please!). It's funny... Using your tool, I came to the realization (...) (24 years ago, 30-Jun-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Spreadsheet to order from Lego Direct

I used Jason Catena's very useful table of sets available from Lego Direct and made an Excel 97 spreadsheet that calculates total cost of an order when you fill in how many copies you want of each set, including discount and shipping. It's at (URL) (...) (24 years ago, 30-Jun-00, to lugnet.lego.direct) !

  Re: Bulk Prices!

(...) What do you mean the 1200 piece buckets are discontinued? Where did this information come from? I've never seen a posting about this topic. I find it odd that TLC would deprive the general public of basic bricks when many of them have no idea (...) (24 years ago, 30-Jun-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: I am looking for a roof brick.

(...) Hmmmmm, yes gray is rarer than yellow, but it was not available to the public (was it?). One could make a case for saying that any colors not available to us, but available to the model shops for LEGOLAND buildings are the rarest. If these (...) (24 years ago, 29-Jun-00, to lugnet.db.brictionary, lugnet.db.inv, lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: I am looking for a roof brick.

(...) one (...) Wouldn't gray be the rarest since it only appeared in the prototype snow speeders? KL (24 years ago, 29-Jun-00, to lugnet.db.brictionary, lugnet.db.inv, lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: Bulk Prices!

(...) I completely disagree. Keep in mind that the 1200 piece bucket is discontinued, so once supplies are gone, it is gone. To get all the 2x4 bricks in the 100 piece bulk pack, you would need to buy 9 62 piece brick packs. It's all for the (...) (24 years ago, 29-Jun-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: I am looking for a roof brick.

(...) Geoffrey, Yes, these are among the most highly prized roof slopes. Take for example the yellow corner slopes - they are among the rarest of all slopes. The low slope is found only in the 7740 Intercity Train, the medium slope is found only in (...) (24 years ago, 29-Jun-00, to lugnet.db.brictionary, lugnet.db.inv, lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: Bulk Prices!

(...) Richard, I agree with you on the prices, but I was expecting them to be higher anyway. I think that what you propose (ignoring common pieces and concentrating on the rarer stuff - tiles, windows, etc), will be a naturally happening (...) (24 years ago, 29-Jun-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Bulk Prices!

Hey Y'all: I am very glad that Lego Direct has at last set up shop on the web. Some of the elements being offered are a terrific boon to us lego hobbyists. I hope we shall soon see a considerable expansion of the elements offered to include a (...) (24 years ago, 29-Jun-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: I am looking for a roof brick.

6350 "Pizza To Go" has four in red. (URL) Lasko (legoteem on eBay, AOL and elsewhere) (24 years ago, 28-Jun-00, to lugnet.db.brictionary, lugnet.db.inv, lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

If you are in the U.S., kbkids.com has the 6497 on sale right now for under $12, too. Andy Lynch <andy@andyandjackie.com> wrote in message news:006e01bfe0f1$54...lth.com... (...) sets (...) (24 years ago, 28-Jun-00, to lugnet.db.brictionary, lugnet.db.inv, lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: I am looking for a roof brick.

(...) (URL) can be ordered on-line from The Construction Site in Waltham MA, USA. (URL) look under Dacta -> Supplementary Sets. (...) Amen, I would even go for some of these in some Illogical colors for say a Gingerbread type house or other special (...) (24 years ago, 28-Jun-00, to lugnet.db.brictionary, lugnet.db.inv, lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: I am looking for a roof brick.

(...) corner) (...) Don't both metro and retro station have these in black? (URL) count 6 in each... Not exactly a cheap way to get them but cheaper than going back to 1986... Agreed, we need more corner slopes, all the different kinds there are, in (...) (24 years ago, 28-Jun-00, to lugnet.db.brictionary, lugnet.db.inv, lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: I am looking for a roof brick.

<set:6497> Twisted Time Train has two of these in Black. They are in the front of the train, as a sort of a cow catcher. -Andy Lynch ----- Original Message ----- From: "Geoffrey Hyde" <ghyde@ledanet.com.au> <snip> (...) set (...) in (...) <snip> (24 years ago, 28-Jun-00, to lugnet.db.brictionary, lugnet.db.inv, lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: what is the min production run #?

Thanks Lar, I was just being lazy. I thought you had the address on hand. Chris (...) (24 years ago, 28-Jun-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: I am looking for a roof brick.

Six (6) black ones come with both the 4554 Metrostation and 2150 Retrostation. Four (4) red ones come with the 633 Red Roof Bricks which is (I believe) still available in Europe. I bought three or four when I was last in Stockholm (which it looks (...) (24 years ago, 28-Jun-00, to lugnet.db.brictionary, lugnet.db.inv, lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: I am looking for a roof brick.

It sounds like you mean the 3x3 low-slope outside corner brick. (convex corner) A pair of black ones come with 6497, Twisted Time Train A pair of blue ones come with 3053, Emperor's Stronghold 20 red ones come with DACTA 9265, Low Slope Roof Bricks (24 years ago, 28-Jun-00, to lugnet.db.brictionary, lugnet.db.inv, lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  I am looking for a roof brick.

I am looking for low-sloped roof bricks like the ones used in certain sets circa 1986 as found in the following sets: 6689 Post Office (Todd's search results bring back Post-Station but the set has the black 3x3x1 low slope corner roof brick which (...) (24 years ago, 27-Jun-00, to lugnet.db.brictionary, lugnet.db.inv, lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: "Mistake" windows back ordered :(

The 3449s are backordered as well. (was on the line when you posted, ha ha) (...) (24 years ago, 26-Jun-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  "Mistake" windows back ordered :(

I just tried to order 3448 and 3447 bulk windows in the "original" colors they have been shipping in. I was advised by S@H that both of them are back ordered until 7/14. I assume that means they are no longer selling them in the "wrong" colors. Has (...) (24 years ago, 26-Jun-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Mislabeled elements: new item numbers

I ordered two of the mispackaged/mislabeled bulk packs, and after making it clear that I wanted the "incorrect" items instead of the soon-to-be-correct versions, learned that they now have different item numbers: 3444 Black 45-degree roof ridges (...) (24 years ago, 26-Jun-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Naming conventions

Don't get TLG mad or they'll make us all call the pieces different things.:-D brian (...) (24 years ago, 26-Jun-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: train windows

I find it hard to believe that they're willing to give up the econmies of scale here. How many of us are there? 1000? Compared to the number of children who consume sets one at a time... well, let's do the math: 300 or so million people in the US. (...) (24 years ago, 26-Jun-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: train windows

I said: (...) and I meant to footnote it but forgot. I first heard this term in the Wall Street Journal in a McDonalds article. The WSJ is not searchable so I can't prove it. However I did find it on an anti-McDonalds site: (URL) (24 years ago, 26-Jun-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact