 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 441
Re: Bulk Prices!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Sun, 9 Jul 2000 21:55:40 GMT

In lugnet.lego.direct, Silas Pierrot writes:
I really wonder who else (other than the adult Lego community) regularly
uses Shop At Home to make purchases.  You have to be a die hard Lego fan to
go to the trouble of mail ordering specific pieces.  There is lots of
selection in the stores to keep the kids happy.  As a percentage of off the
shelf sales, I think that AFOLs are a small piece, but when it comes to Shop
At Home, I believe we make up a sensible chunk.  I could be way off base
here, but do any of you out there remember using Shop At Home as a child (if
it existed when you were a child that is).

Silas

When I was a child in the 80s, I would buy from S@H Canada. I would think long
and hard about what I wanted. I would stare at the last pages in the in-set
catalogue. Then I would figure out what I could afford with my limited budget.
I would fill out the order form and then beg my mom to write a check. I never
ordered bricks. I prefered accesssories: town, trees, pirates and the
occasionnal road plate. My orders never exceded 20$ until I got my own credit
card. Now they are rarely less than 300$.

Kev Z

  Re: Bulk Prices!

I really wonder who else (other than the adult Lego community) regularly uses Shop At Home to make purchases. You have to be a die hard Lego fan to go to the trouble of mail ordering specific pieces. There is lots of selection in the stores to keep (...) (24 years ago, 9-Jul-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)