 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 396
Re: Bulk Prices!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Fri, 30 Jun 2000 01:20:34 GMT

In lugnet.lego.direct, Mark Herzberg writes:
In lugnet.lego.direct, Richard Marchetti writes:
Hey Y'all:

I am very glad that Lego Direct has at last set up shop on the web.  Some of
the elements being offered are a terrific boon to us lego hobbyists.  I hope
we shall soon see a considerable expansion of the elements offered to include
a greater number of older and rarer minifig accessories, windows, arches,
foliage, and certainly a greater variety of bricks, plates, and tiles in more
colors (including trans colors!).  Lego Direct is off to a great start!  That
said, there are indeed some problems...

I completely disagree. Keep in mind that the 1200 piece bucket is
discontinued, so once supplies are gone, it is gone. To get all the 2x4 bricks
in the 100 piece bulk pack, you would need to buy 9 62 piece brick packs. It's
all for the convience. I think the prices are fair. LEGO is in buisness to
make money. And trust me, people will buy them at these prices, remember that
we are not the only ones. There are many AFOLs that are not in touch in LEGO
and many kids who will purchase these as well.

What do you mean the 1200 piece buckets are discontinued?  Where did this
information come from?  I've never seen a posting about this topic.  I find
it odd that TLC would deprive the general public of basic bricks when many
of them have no idea about the lego direct service.

John