 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 455
Re: Bulk Prices!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Wed, 12 Jul 2000 07:23:04 GMT

Also keep in mind that there is no reason why TLC should in any way charge
more for bricks or plates of any color -- grey, dark grey, brown, tan,
turquoise, black, trans colors -- its all one to them as far as I can see.
All of it just plastic...

Not really just plastic; also pigmnets to colour the plastic. I work in the
printing ink industrie, and many of the pigments we use, are also used for
plastic. The price of pigments are anything from 3 USD /kg and uppwoards. The
most expencive pigmnets we use, ( violet especially ) cost more than 70 USD /kg
.

I don't know the percentage of pigments in the plastic, but I would anyway
expect the cost of pigments effect the price of the finnished bricks.

Helge