 Database / Brictionary / 120
Re: I am looking for a roof brick.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.db.brictionary, lugnet.db.inv, lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade
Date:
Thu, 29 Jun 2000 15:19:03 GMT

Geoffrey Hyde wrote:

I am looking for low-sloped roof bricks like the ones used in certain sets
circa 1986 as found in the following sets:

6689 Post Office (Todd's search results bring back Post-Station but the set
has the black 3x3x1 low slope corner roof brick which appears four times in
this set.)

This was also released, it seems in yellow and red in the following two
train sets:

7740 12V Inter City Express
7725 12V Passenger Train

I am looking for any people who have these sets complete, and available for
trade or sale.

I've also posted this to lugnet.lego.direct so that Mr. Justus and Co. will
receive a heads up on some extremely useful and unfortunately rare roof
elements that they might wish to produce in large quantities and in various
colors.

I'm also looking for any other sets that happened to have this brick
included in them as I don't recall seeing it used in any other LEGO sets
since 1986.  This is unfortunate, for if true, it means I've got to look for
rare, hard-to-find sets.  :-(

If anyone has any info as to availability of this piece in any color in any
set not listed here, I would appreciate the info!!  I'll monitor the
newsgroups but I'd also appreciate it if you could send an email to
ghyde@ledanet.com.au with a copy of your post in it.

Cheers ...

Geoffrey Hyde

Geoffrey,

Yes, these are among the most highly prized roof slopes.  Take for example the
yellow corner slopes - they are among the rarest of all slopes.  The low slope
is found only in the 7740 Intercity Train, the medium slope is found only in one
of the Pirate Ships and a dark pink plastic case Paradisa type set, and the
steep slope is only found in the 375/6075 Yellow Castle set.  These are all
prime candidates for LEGO Direct Bulk items.

The low slope corners were made in Red (most common), Black, Blue, Yellow, and
possibly Gray (never in white or any other color).  The yellow is by far the
rarest.

Gary Istok