 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 422
Re: Bulk Sales in the 21st Century
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.general, lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Fri, 7 Jul 2000 06:21:56 GMT

In lugnet.lego.direct, Tom Stangl writes:
Whining non-stop that "the US gets everything,
we get nothing" simply won't help.

You want to help LD get into AU faster?  Do
some research with your importation laws, talk to your lawmakers, and see what
can be done to remove or lower some of the INSANE duties that AU imposes on
items (over 100% value is not uncommon on car restoration parts).

Well said Tom. I think it's hilarious when people say how much better their
country is than the US because they get free X, and then whine about why
everything costs more in their country or why businesses don't want to set up
or expand there...

You want "free" trams and "free" uni and "free" health care? Great. But stop
whining when the free lunch turns out not to be free and you pay more for
stuff and/or your economy comes crashing down around your ears.

FUT o-t.debate as this is deliberate flame bait.

++Lar