 Off-Topic / Debate / 5981
Re: Bulk Sales in the 21st Century
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Fri, 7 Jul 2000 09:50:25 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Geoffrey Hyde writes:
Larry Pieniazek <lpieniazek@mercator.com> wrote in message

Which post are you referring to?  Yours or his?  Or both?

I think you might have cut too much away as I have no idea what you're getting
on about.

Referring to a post in what way? As flame bait? Mine. To baldly state what some
people don't like to acknowledge is indeed flame bait (0). In this case it's
the premise that people who enjoy getting apparently free goods from
the state in their country shouldn't whine about the consequences of that, to
wit, that their currency is weak, their economy has high unemployment, or (more
specifically:) that they have to pay more per brick as a proportion of their
income than we do.

That's not a "childish rant".(1) But fortunately I've never been much for
crafting posts to seek approval, I craft posts to make points and I don't care
much for whose sacred cows get gored in the process. I 'specially *don't* need
your approval now that you've put it that I somehow in your view *do*. Consider
why that might be and get back to us. Or do you live your life for the approval
for others and not yourself?

0 - but, I submit, a good kind. I've tossed a few tidbits out of late and stood
back for the most part and watched some great discussion ensue. Rather more fun
than actually wading directly in to the fray straightaway (if only I could
restrain myself) as is my usual wont...

1 - rather, the childish ranters are the people I refer to, railing against
cause and effect and hoping someone somewhere will wipe their nose, er that is,
subsidize their LEGO/AIDS research/trams/(you pick your favorite good), for
them.

++Lar