 LEGO Company / 139
Re: LEGO is listening! (was...are you listening?)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego, lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Thu, 9 Nov 2000 22:41:11 GMT

In lugnet.lego, Kevin Loch writes:
In lugnet.lego, Ashley Glennon writes:
"Juniorization." I can tell you right now that kids have told the Company
that they have less time to build and want things that are faster to build,
therefore the Company has created what you call "Juniorized" sets.  [The

I can't belive this is true.  Perhaps you meant "Parents have less time to
spend with their kids."

I think we're all being a bit selfish here. I still distinctly remember when I
got my first set, a 111 starter train set, and how much I loved it. According
to LugNet, it has 120 pcs, a large number of which are rails / sleepers. Its
something I'd laugh at now, but back when I was 5, it was a real challenge. I
see nothing wrong with aiming some sets at younger children, and reducing the
number of parts.

I would not like it if this was at the expense of some larger technic sets,
though. Lego has a tough job catering to such a large diversity of users.

Regards,

ROSCO