 LEGO Company / 87
Re: ARE you paying attention, LEGO?????????
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego, lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Fri, 3 Nov 2000 16:21:14 GMT

"Jonathan McKay" <vebble2669@aol.com> wrote in message
Here we have a large conversation about you, and we haven't even heard a
peep out of you. (or at least I haven't)  I've probably posted this same
message 2 or 3 times before, but it just doesn't seem to get through. So
here it is: Involve lugnet! Talk to us! Let us know you are actually • listening!
<snipped>
I just have one question: Are you paying attention, LEGO?

Jonathan,
Yes, it is dismaying when we don't hear from Mr. Justus for a while. But I
think there is a good reason for this - bear in mind, the rest of this
posting is pure speculation on my part -

As far as I understand it, Mr. Justus represents the "Official LTC Online
Interface With the Fans." And I'm sure he sees all these posts and probably
agrees with many of us.

But I bet he has to avoid comment to make sure that what he says online does
not get misconstrued as an "Official Statement From LTC." There could be
legal implications as well.

There could also be another reason -
I'm also sure he simply does not have a ton of time to react to the volume
of posts. I don't think it would be fun being the "Official Explainer of LTC
Logic..."

Rather than spend time on LUGNET, I hope Mr. Justus is spending the majority
of his time throwing himself into the giant machinery of LTC to streamline
S@H, expand it internationally, build the bulk sales program, bring us
better trains and Town Sr., etc.

IMHO, I think he has done a great job. I don't know if the Great Strides
listed below are a direct result of his work, but it is very encouraging
nevertheless -

Great Strides
a) recognition of LUGNET
b) bulk parts (granted not inexpensive)
c) train doors / windows (wow! I wonder what went on at LTC to make this
happen...)
d) online sales (granted no worldwide)
e) an official LTC reaction to a LUGNET based request (i.e. bring Chrome
Knights to S@H)
f) large, adult oriented sets (Collector Series, big minifig, green Statue
of Liberty)

I'm 90% pleased with the events of the past year and I look forward to what
LTC brings us in bulk/online area in the upcoming year.

Bryan Kinkel