 LEGO Company / 114
Re: LEGO is listening! Juniorization!!!!!!!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego, lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Mon, 6 Nov 2000 05:35:30 GMT

In lugnet.lego, Adam Tucker writes:
I myself have read 40+ messages & Ashly's response. I offer this thought....

LEGO by Danish definition means "to play well" You can interpurt this how
ever you want but following this statement, it is said that 3 peices 4x4x2
can combine to produce 1060 different "connection" possibilities. I am sorry
to say but contemporary Lego sets have started to turn into Play Mobile type
sets (Juniorization). This contradicts the underlying foundation that Ole
Kirk had so obviously intended on providing to children!

Don't forget his motto, 'Only the best is good enough.'  I wonder when this
was taken out to the curb?

It *is* getting better though, and people *are* listening and responding.
Just its not entirely visible to everyone yet.  Still, 2001 (besides SW and
the sculptures) makes me kinda sick.

-Tim