 LEGO Company / 117
Re: LEGO is listening! (was...are you listening?)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego, lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Mon, 6 Nov 2000 16:27:27 GMT

In lugnet.lego, Ashley Glennon writes:
Dear LEGO fans,

The LEGO Company IS listening.  I have spent some time reading the posts
here tonight and you can rest assured that the company is well aware of
LUGNET and your concerns, desires and feedback.

As some of you have acknowledged, there is quite a bit of discussion going
on here that can prove difficult for the Company to respond to. We may
indeed have the answers but two issues come to mind: time and
"appropriateness."

<snip>

Although there are many LEGO employees like myself who review these
comments, the guidelines are not clear as to who should be the official
voice for such questions. Typically our communications teams handle "media"
inquiries but web initiatives such as LUGNET threads fall into a loosely
defined category. Because of this, many of our co-workers choose not to
respond fearing that it is not appropriate for them to be a voice of the
Company.

It is a fact that the Company could improve our online communications to
you.  Perhaps Brad and I will have an internal discussion about this. My
guess is that you may not require a response to every post but you would
certainly like to know we are listening.

We are.

Ashley Glennon
Manager of Sales, Promotions and Sponsorships
LEGOLAND California

These words seem somewhat hollow to me. I emailed Brad at Lego Direct over a
month ago and asked for a reply indicating receipt (since I knew he was
busy) and have yet to receive anything. But the server did not bounce it back
to me which tells me that the e-mail address was valid.

Frankly, I would be surprised if Brad ever sees the e-mail but there should be
a reply from the person who reads the email on that account.

Jude Beaudin