 LEGO Company / 105
Re: LEGO is listening! (was...are you listening?)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego, lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Sun, 5 Nov 2000 01:51:30 GMT

Bradley Dale <dinosauria_ca@yahoo.ca> wrote:
But now there is LEGO on Playstation and Nintendo- how do you feel about • that?

That's fine -- in fact, it's great for them to tie in with other media. • I'm
a big fan of where they're going with the Rock Raiders and Alpha Team
multimedia (in the true sense) concepts, although I think the • implementation
could be better. However, they shouldn't loose sight of the strengths of
the Lego building system itself.

Indeed. As a player of many different video games over the years (Everything
from the Atari 2600 on), the LEGO versions seem a little..... well boring.
Most of them are targeted along the lines of games like Tonka construction,
Barbie, etc. LEGO racers is all right, but there are numerous racing games
that are better. It reminded me of Mario Kart 64, except in a worse version.
It would be neat to see a game like Simcity or Starcraft in a LEGO version,
where you could build several buildings, vehicles, and the like, and play
them out that way. Age of the Empires, for you PC gamers out there, with
Castle themes, heh heh. Otherwise, I think most of the games will end up in
the bargain pile.

LEGO Creator is a good concept, but falls short in many areas. Remember the
person who e-mailed LUGNET last year and wanted some feedback? Whatever
happened to that?

I think LEGO would be better off either developing better games, or
concentrate on what got them there, as matthew pointed out.

Scott S.
--
Want LEGO Elements at Great Prices?
Visit The Sanburn Systems Company