 LEGO Company / 125
Re: LEGO is listening! (was...are you listening?)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego, lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Tue, 7 Nov 2000 04:53:39 GMT

I just updated the poll with a related question:

http://www.brickshelf.com/

KL

In lugnet.lego, Kevin Loch writes:
In lugnet.lego, Ashley Glennon writes:
"Juniorization." I can tell you right now that kids have told the Company
that they have less time to build and want things that are faster to build,
therefore the Company has created what you call "Juniorized" sets.  [The

I can't belive this is true.  Perhaps you meant "Parents have less time to
spend with their kids."

Everything I have heard, from kids, parents and various toy store employees
that interact directly with them, is that "this set doesn't have enough • pieces"
and "This set is too simple" and "Why does that cost $50?" and so on.  At • least
I am confident that even if you continue to ignore the actual voices of
consumers, you will listen to the bottom line.  Since you are making a few
themes with non-juniorized designs, they should greatly outsell the juniorized
stuff.  That should result in the dropping of juniorised design values
eventually.  BTW, sold much Space Port lately?  How about City Center?  I bet
Star Wars is the best selling line.  It's also the least juniorized.  I hope
that doesn't get lost in the analysis.

KL