 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 1086
Re: LEGO is listening! (was...are you listening?)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Mon, 6 Nov 2000 21:37:10 GMT

Farlie A wrote in message ...
In lugnet.lego, Ashley Glennon writes:
I can tell you right now that kids have told the Company
that they have less time to build and want things that are faster to • build,
therefore the Company has created what you call "Juniorized" sets.

Is the reaserch public? I can apreciate that your company has to keep
secrets but if this reasearch were released in an 'offical' way then maybe
we could make a sensible decsion. Rational choices need evidence!.( The
'evidence' I get here on Lugnet is usally to the contray.)

What kids are these? The juniorized sets are always the ones sitting on the
shelves forever, even at 75% off sales. (can you say roadside repair) I
dislike the junior sets ( as an
AFOL) and my 4 year old dislikes them. Try playing on the floor (carpet)
with a junior set. It FALLS APART within 5 minutes. It may build fast,
however it doesn't last. I get tired of rebuilding these "brittle" sets,
thus they are hardly played with.

My son prefers my older fire sets like the Flame Fighters. The set has a
GARAGE door, good parts and detail and it stays together. He also loves the
start wars sets. He begged me to buy him a megablocks set the other day, I
reluctantly agreed. The silly set just falls apart all the time, sounds
familiar.

I just got the Millenium Falcon for my birthday. Great set and it stays
together well even for my son.

I am the mother of two small (boys) children and I watch the store shelves
and hear comments from all my friends (mothers) and I can tell you that you
are marketing to some ghost children, at least here in Idaho.

Rose