 LEGO Company / 111
Re: LEGO is listening! (was...are you listening?)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego, lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Sun, 5 Nov 2000 17:44:14 GMT

Jeff Shiner <jashiner@home.com> wrote:
First... I tried, in a VERY unscientific way, to determine for myself what
percentage of the Lego market we represent.  Personally I spend about
$5000-$8000 on Lego each year.  If we multiply that by the number of Lugnet
members (say 1000) then we only get to around $8,000,000 in total.   This

Many of us spend way less than that. ($500/year?). However, I think you're
also far underestimating our numbers. There's 645 *paid* LUGnet members, and
I'd guess that it's safe to figure there's 20x that who haven't paid. (Even
if they aren't active posters.) But, amazing as it sounds, there's an even
larger number of adult fans who don't read LUGnet. If I remember right
(which I probably don't *grin*) last I heard more than a year ago, over
100,000 mindstorms sets had been sold to adults. Even figuring 100% markup
at stores, that's $10,000,000 right there -- and that's only the tip of the
iceberg.

--
Matthew Miller                     --->                 mattdm@mattdm.org
Quotes 'R' Us                    --->              http://quotes-r-us.org/