 LEGO Company / 122
Re: LEGO is listening! (was...are you listening?)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego, lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Mon, 6 Nov 2000 22:01:57 GMT

In lugnet.lego, Jude Beaudin writes:
In lugnet.lego, Ashley Glennon writes:
Dear LEGO fans,

The LEGO Company IS listening.  I have spent some time reading the posts
here tonight and you can rest assured that the company is well aware of
LUGNET and your concerns, desires and feedback.

<clip>
These words seem somewhat hollow to me. I emailed Brad at Lego Direct over a
month ago and asked for a reply indicating receipt (since I knew he was
busy) and have yet to receive anything. But the server did not bounce it back
to me which tells me that the e-mail address was valid.

Frankly, I would be surprised if Brad ever sees the e-mail but there should be
a reply from the person who reads the email on that account.

Jude Beaudin

While I do not work for TLC as Ashley does, I wonder if you would be
satisfied if they had an auto reply system setup to automatically send a
message like, "Thank you for contacting LEGO Direct. While we value your
comments and questions we are unable to respond to each email personally. Be
assured we do read each email and want to thank you for contacting us."
whenever any email was sent to legodirect@lego.com ?

It would be pretty easy to implement something like this.  Of course the
question is, "Is a form letter response better than no response at all?"

BEN GATRELLE