 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 1087
Re: LEGO is listening! (was...are you listening?)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Mon, 6 Nov 2000 22:19:51 GMT

What kids are these? The juniorized sets are always the ones sitting on the
shelves forever, even at 75% off sales. (can you say roadside repair) I
dislike the junior sets ( as an
AFOL) and my 4 year old dislikes them. Try playing on the floor (carpet)
with a junior set. It FALLS APART within 5 minutes. It may build fast,
however it doesn't last. I get tired of rebuilding these "brittle" sets,
thus they are hardly played with.

I do play on the floor (carpet) with my Jr. sets all the time!  Less pieces to
lose, and you can be building with them and watching tv at the same time.  As
the vehicles are rather similar and simple, the real challenge lies in
customizing the sets and coming up with new alternate models.  I'm kind of
linking the Town Jr. now.  It's a differnt kind of contruction play than the
old Town, but it stil requires creativity to find new uses for parts and make
something totally different than TLC intended. Constructed models are usually
rather sturdy and fun to drive around, IMO.  I would buy Roadside Repair at 75%
off, but I can't find it at all here.