 LEGO Company / 95
Re: LEGO is listening! (was...are you listening?)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego, lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Sat, 4 Nov 2000 14:22:58 GMT

In lugnet.lego, Eng Wee Lean writes:
Mr. Ashley Glennon,

LEGO company should cater our needs too.
Have you paid attention on the price of 6399 in ebay auction?
It is really terrible! We have to pay much money on them.

Yeah, I think LEGO needs to re-release older sets, I remember all the times
I look through the old catalog scans on Brickshelf, thinking, "Man, I wish I
had got that when I still could.
Have you compiled how many design for your police station, fire station,
petrol station or even race vehicles? Town set has lost its attrative!
In real life, we have a lot of jobs and working places. Why LEGO cannot get
the idea from there.

We need a residential section back, I always liked the 6349 Holiday Villa
and the 6360 Weekend Cottage, or, my personal favorite, the 6388 Holiday
Home with Caravan
Town can be juniorized. Why can't LEGO issue seniorized models for us?

They may have tried that with their new "sculpture section"
Now, even Studio has some problem. The focus or attractive item is only that
camera! It should have some special outcomings. Such as studio room or news
center.

I saw it at Target and I'm sure kids will still buy it.
I hope LEGO company can issue a new range for town set, especially monorail.
Monorail and train set have their own feature.

Meanwhile, some of models should not available in Europe or US only. 2 years
ago, we cannot buy train station or wagon in Singapore. LEGO company should
re-launch these former models to us! Now we have to pay double or triple
price to Europe and US buyer. It is also happened on promotion models now.
It is really unfair for Asian collector!

LEGO has a factory in Korea. However, we have to pay an expensive price for
models! Because your product are shipped from Europe? So, what is the
function of your factory in Korea?

I have a lot of wishing for LEGO. I hope also LEGO can re-launch the former
attrative models to us.

Best regards,
Wee Lean