 LEGO Company / 92
Re: LEGO is listening! (was...are you listening?)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego, lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Sat, 4 Nov 2000 11:36:46 GMT

Hello
Nice to know somebody is at least reading these. For your explanation for
Juniorization, i cannot except that, i spend too much time in the stores
searching for OLD Lego to think that, who are the ones buying these overpriced
Junior city sets, not the kids, but Grandma and Grandpa trying to find good
presents for thier Grandchildren, remembering the great times thier kids had
with Lego from the 60's, 70's and early 80's, they don't spend time looking at
what consumers on the net say about your product, i have a 9 year old daughter
who prefers to build with my 60's Lego then for me to buy her new city stuff, i
must add the Mickeymouse sets she thinks are great since she loves fabuland.
What do i see kids in the store buying themselves? Star wars!!, are these sets
you would call quick and easy to build?? not me, they are the only thing right
now offered by you that has mutiple uses, and can be built into many different
things, interesting shapes and new colors, you don't even have city in the
new Lego 2001 catalog, am i to reason that you accept that these arn't selling
very good?
Don't forget we are the buyers of Lego, we are the ones working all day to make
the money so our kids can have it, we are also the ones spending megabucks on
old Lego sets, not because we are nostalgic, but because what you offer today,
sorry to say, stinks, you've let Lego trains go down the drain, Pirates are
also dead (and Playmobil are selling Pirate ships by the dozens here in germany
every day before Xmas), City has disappeard, much to expensive expert models
are being offered, what happened, nobody can think of a nice old car or such
for Model Team anymore?? offer me a 57 Chevy or a 55 Ford Pick-up,  i would be
the first one in the store buying one, and try to keep it under $50-70.
No i believe you guys are missing the long term markets, using the movies and
books that are selling right now is ok, but short term.
Thanks for listening, looking forward to things getting beter and hoping for
it.
Paul
Germany