 Inventories / 303
Re: Peeron inventories
Newsgroups:
lugnet.inv
Date:
Wed, 21 Mar 2007 00:34:06 GMT

In lugnet.inv, Martin Srb wrote:
In lugnet.inv, John Patterson wrote:
I did two more sets last night, 4564 was correct except for one part.  And very
good news, 4558 was perfect.  The sets done by you and Jennifer seem to be
correct. I had forgot to mention that I am doing large sets first.  I have done
the basic sets, Samsonite general sets, Star Wars, Town, Space, a few Technic
and a few odd ball things.  I am pretty sure that the smaller set's inventories
could be more correct as there are not a lot of variation models.  I am into the
trains sets now and will soon do the 1974 sets or around there and the
enviromental sets.  The small sets I have in letter boxes (around 75 or so) and
that would be the biggest bunch at one time.
John P
Basic sets... at last! Thank you a lot! I wish I had not destroyed the 350-2 and
550-1 boxes in my childhood. There were inventories on the side of the boxes - I
wonder if there were any variations.

As for the smaller sets: There _are_ model variations. I have just uploaded some
instruction scans with differences in the model structures. It's pretty easy to
distinguish between "older" and "newer" version because the set photos remained
the same (= the "older" ones).
4546 - 2 red hinge tops 1x2 replaced by 2x2
6531 - more changes in the lower structure of the helicopter
6851 - 1 more construction step, added parts at the bottom of the vehicle
I will combine both versions of each set into one inventory and add notes to the
"changed" parts.

Martin
Thanks for the note.  I destroyed a lot of things before I knew what I was
doing.  The very old gas station comes with hand painted red on the edges of
some plates.  I thought some dumb child had done that and I spent a very long
time chipping it off.  Now I know those are rather rare.  Also I threw away some
wing windows from the very earily sets.  And I had a lot of Minitalia parts and
tosed them as I would Mega Blocks.  Live and learn.
Thanks again
John P