 Inventories / 287
Re: Peeron inventories
Newsgroups:
lugnet.inv
Date:
Mon, 19 Mar 2007 02:03:26 GMT

In lugnet.inv, Richie Dulin wrote:
   In lugnet.inv, John Patterson wrote:
   Instead of accepting my help you all get defensive.

Maybe that’s because you appear to get all attackive?

Please consider, John, how you are coming across here. Yes, you are attempting to help with the Peeron inventories, I grok that, but the way you are doing so appears to be fairly aggressive.

Yes, it’s annoying if what you perceive as valuable work is being apparently ignored (or deferred) by others, but remember, sometimes being nice about it can help. While making angry noises might make you feel better for a while, and might even spur some short term action, in the long run it’s not going to make you many friends, or make this community a warmer place to be.

We are a community of fans, we each have different interests, abilities and skillsets, sometimes that overlap, sometimes there are gaps. I urge you to take time to consider exactly what you’re hoping to achieve - is it a more accurate (and as Martin’s post points out, your corrections aren’t necessarily always correct) at all costs? Or is it a better resource for the community? If it’s the latter, then you have to ensure that the community does not suffer at the expense of the resource.

I hope you’ll take my comments on board, John. I am not asking you to stop working on the inventory corrections, or send less in or anything, I’m just asking you to consider what is the best way to go about achieving what you want.

Cheers

Richie Dulin

Richie, I am somewhat agressive, but at some point in time it gets fustrating. Getting down to why, is that had there been a problem here and there I would not have said anything. But set after set has bad inventories. And then these inventories are verified. How does that serve anyone? Is it better to have a bad inventory than none at all? Peeron spends a lot of time putting more Duplo parts pictures on and changing names and numbers for the parts pieces. I still think that Peeron thinks bigger is better. What have they done to show that this is not the case. One person took my email and was changing things, but I am sure that I overwhelmed him. It seems that Dan and Jennifer response has been; I lost the email or why are you telling us this we love to change the inventories. Look at set 001, I told them over a year ago it was wrong and it is still wrong. But they have time to put Duplo part pictures on. I am probably one of the few people with the sets and time and desire to help them correct their inventory problems. And then personally, I accepted their inventories as correct for years buying off of ebay. Now all these sets are suppect. I will have (which I am doing anyways) to check each set again against the directions. I do not feel that it is not “nice” to tell people that the inventories are incorrect and then tell them again that they are still incorrect and have not been fixed when they had the means to fix it. I still say that their site is the best source of parts pictures and have set up my whole data base for spare parts based on Peeron. They have done something that was much needed and is invaluable, but I guess I am just nasty because I question its correctness and lack of corrections. John P