 Inventories / 273
Re: Peeron inventories
Newsgroups:
lugnet.inv
Date:
Thu, 8 Mar 2007 21:31:54 GMT

In lugnet.inv, Dan Boger wrote:
John,

  I do appreciate your submissions - as Dave mentioned, that's the only
way data can get to Peeron in the first place, by users taking pictures,
making inventories, and submitting corrections.

  Note that some of these updates are more difficult than others - in
terms of work involved.  If we get an inventory submitted online to a
set that has none, it's trivial to apply it.  If we get a set picture
submitted online, it's very easy to apply it.

  But send the same information in email, and it becomes a lot more work
to apply.  Now, of course, such data will get applied, it's just slower,
and takes a block of time from the admins time - it's not something you
do when you have 2 minutes to spare.

  The same goes for inventory corrections, or new parts, except that
those always take more work.  So here's my suggestion to you - start
from the easy stuff - new inventories, set pictures, pictures for parts
that are already in the system.  Use the online submission forms to send
that data, and they will be applied before long.

  As for corrections, try sending a few to inv@peeron again, including
as much detail as you can - the 001 example is a good one.  If you send
us the inventory, and say "as shown on the box inventory, and verified
from a sealed set, this is the inventory", it makes it easy to take your
update over the current inventory (that is from a set picture).

  This way you'll be able to get the inventories corrected (which you
obviously want to do), and we will be able to improve the accuracy of
our data!

I hope this makes sense!

Dan

Submission links:
- Pictures (sets or parts):

     http://www.peeron.com/cgi-bin/invcgis/submitpic

- Set inventories (for new inventories):

     http://peeron.com/cgi-bin/invcgis/submitinv

Thanks Dan.  I will submit the pictures that way.  How about corrections, I
think that is much more important.  I had an agreement with the person that was
doing these that I would just send emails.  I do not know how to do the data
bases and such, so if I could just do emails it would make what I am doing a lot
easier.  I have most of the sticker pictures which was asked for from your site.
I do not know how to do other than the emails.  I am in the early stages of
possible Altzheimers and send the email as I inventory the set.
Easier for me to keep track of.  But thank you for your reply.
John P