 Inventories / 255
Re: Peeron inventories
Newsgroups:
lugnet.inv
Date:
Thu, 8 Mar 2007 00:55:13 GMT

In lugnet.inv, John Patterson wrote:
I still have not heard from Dan, but I am finding that 95% of the inventories
are incorrect.  I would suggest not to go by the inventories on Peeron as I have
now sent in 1000 emails with corrections and pictures and most are just sitting
there not being used to correct these inventories.

Is that 95% of the total? I must say, I'm entirely satisfied with the accuracy
of the Peeron inventories, but then, I'm only referencing a very small
selection.

If your claim isn't about 95% of the total, could you clarify what your sample
is? (eg older sets, space sets or whatever).

The hard part is that they
have gotten close on many, and miles away on a few.  I don't know if they now
have sponsers so they do not care about the quality of the product.  I will list
in Lugnet in the comments if the inventory is incorrect and anyone wanting a
correct one can email me.

That's probably the best approach.

It is rather discourging to do all this work and Dan
won't even answer an email.

I have no idea of Dan's availability of methods of operation, but I presume, if
you've sent in 1000 emails of corrections, that's going to take a lot of time to
read through, let alone verify and update the database. Did your emails require
an answer, or just an action (to update the database, for instance)?

I might also add that just because something is
listed as verified it isn't necessarily correct.

Maybe. But I presume that your sample size of the correct inventory is quite
small - have you opened multiple MISB examples of each set you're submitting
corrections for (presuming that you're looking at sets without an inventory on
the box)? There is, and was, (and presumably will always be) some variation in
set contents.

Cheers

Richie Dulin