 Inventories / 260
Re: Peeron inventories
Newsgroups:
lugnet.inv
Date:
Thu, 8 Mar 2007 06:09:06 GMT

In lugnet.inv, Dan Boger wrote:
In lugnet.inv, John Patterson wrote:
I still have not heard from Dan, but I am finding that 95% of the inventories
are incorrect.  I would suggest not to go by the inventories on Peeron as I have
now sent in 1000 emails with corrections and pictures and most are just sitting
there not being used to correct these inventories.

John, I got your email 2 days ago, and was trying to find out more details
before replying to you.  These 1000 emails you sent?  Where did you send them
to?  When?  In the past month, I see you sent something like 6 emails to
inv@peeron.com?

You do understand, I hope, that Peeron is run by volunteers who often have other
things going on in their lives?

Processing updates takes time.  Especially when you say something like "95% of
the inventories are wrong".  Each one you send will have to be checked - when
someone says an inventory that has been verified by 3-4 people is wrong, we
can't just accept the correction blindly, right?

I guess you'll have to trust me when I say that we do try to process any
corrections sent, with the goal of have as accurate data as possible.

Dan

Dan:I sent the corrections to you and they are still going to the person that
was doing them before.  I can send them all to you if you want.  I do not know
how you can veryify these as I do from the actual sets.  At most the wrong ones
were verified once.  I sent an example to you and quoted the page in the
directions that showed the pieces that were not listed.  If you have time I can
quote all pages that show the pieces when the inventory is wrong.  It will take
longer and it seems that you are saying that no one has the time to do the
corrections anyway.  It is obivious that the original inventories were not
checked too well and you might have to take me at my word.  I build each set
before I send in a correction to prove to myself that they are incorrect.  Most
of my sets from 1974 on were bought by me, opened by me and maintained by me.
So with all that I am very sure when I send in a correction or I do not do it.
100% sure.  (remember I am OCD and I have a very large collection.)  Look back
for an email or read the answers I wrote to the other comments and you can see
the emails that I sent to you.
John P