 Inventories / 258
Re: Peeron inventories
Newsgroups:
lugnet.inv
Date:
Thu, 8 Mar 2007 05:49:07 GMT

In lugnet.inv, John Patterson wrote:
I still have not heard from Dan, but I am finding that 95% of the inventories
are incorrect.  I would suggest not to go by the inventories on Peeron as I have
now sent in 1000 emails with corrections and pictures and most are just sitting
there not being used to correct these inventories.

John, I got your email 2 days ago, and was trying to find out more details
before replying to you.  These 1000 emails you sent?  Where did you send them
to?  When?  In the past month, I see you sent something like 6 emails to
inv@peeron.com?

You do understand, I hope, that Peeron is run by volunteers who often have other
things going on in their lives?

Processing updates takes time.  Especially when you say something like "95% of
the inventories are wrong".  Each one you send will have to be checked - when
someone says an inventory that has been verified by 3-4 people is wrong, we
can't just accept the correction blindly, right?

I guess you'll have to trust me when I say that we do try to process any
corrections sent, with the goal of have as accurate data as possible.

Dan