 Inventories / 299
Re: Peeron inventories
Newsgroups:
lugnet.inv
Date:
Tue, 20 Mar 2007 17:20:56 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Jude Beaudin wrote:
In lugnet.off-topic.debate, John Patterson wrote:

<Snip other peoples comments>

Look at page 11 then, what I post here is quick, I sit for a very long time when
I make the corrections and do not quote pages or steps.  However you want to cut
it, there are two tan bricks that are not in the inventory.  That is the
important part.And for your other little snide comment, I posted part of an
email that I sent to Dan, Try to think out of the box a little.  I have had a
lot of pictures and corrections and inventories accepted.  You come into the
middle of something without any idea of what you are talking about.  Nice try.
John P

John,

The way I go about this is to print the Peeron inventory for the set.  Then I
match what is in my set.  I use the actual set.  I then build the model, and any
variations.  I note the differences on the printed inventory page.  Almost all
my sets since 1974 were bought by me and maintained by me.  I have opened
several MISB sets to help complete these inventories.  I am in agreement with
you about sets working better than instructions.  What I see in Peeron is that
most of the sets were inventoried from the instuctions.  some of the pictures
are very misleading in the instructions and most of the time I see how the
errors were made.  One thing that I do not understand is how these were then
verified with lots of mistakes.  Someone said in one of my previous posts that
Peeron could use a fact checker and that is what I am doing.  They just do not
seem to post the corrections.
But yes it is so much better to use the set and that is what I am doing.
John P

Does this mean that you are using instructions to build your inventories or are
you using actual MISB set contents? The latter would be a lot more accurate,
would it not? After all, I have seen errors in LEGO instructions before not to
mention part substitutions (e.g. the girders in some recent Batman sets while
diagrammed to be the same as the Studio sets, were in fact a different mold).

Jude

X-FUT .inv since it is addressing set inventory methods