 Inventories / 285
Re: Peeron inventories
Newsgroups:
lugnet.inv
Date:
Mon, 19 Mar 2007 01:30:05 GMT
Highlighted:
!! (details)

In lugnet.inv, John Patterson wrote:
   Instead of accepting my help you all get defensive.

Maybe that’s because you appear to get all attackive?

Please consider, John, how you are coming across here. Yes, you are attempting to help with the Peeron inventories, I grok that, but the way you are doing so appears to be fairly aggressive.

Yes, it’s annoying if what you perceive as valuable work is being apparently ignored (or deferred) by others, but remember, sometimes being nice about it can help. While making angry noises might make you feel better for a while, and might even spur some short term action, in the long run it’s not going to make you many friends, or make this community a warmer place to be.

We are a community of fans, we each have different interests, abilities and skillsets, sometimes that overlap, sometimes there are gaps. I urge you to take time to consider exactly what you’re hoping to achieve - is it a more accurate (and as Martin’s post points out, your corrections aren’t necessarily always correct) at all costs? Or is it a better resource for the community? If it’s the latter, then you have to ensure that the community does not suffer at the expense of the resource.

I hope you’ll take my comments on board, John. I am not asking you to stop working on the inventory corrections, or send less in or anything, I’m just asking you to consider what is the best way to go about achieving what you want.

Cheers

Richie Dulin