 Dear LEGO / 2673
Re: LEGO is listening! (was...are you listening?)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego, lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Mon, 6 Nov 2000 17:15:49 GMT

In lugnet.dear-lego, Jeff Shiner wrote:

Second... as Lugnet enthusiasts we are *perhaps* a poor representation of
the general public...

I'm sure we're a poor representation of the general public, but we might
also be a poor representation of the AFOL public.  Basically, to hang out
on LUGNET, you have to (a) like LEGO a lot, (b) have a computer, and be
online, (c) *want* to belong to a 'community' like LUGNET.  I could see how
those three requirements could make it difficult to judge the overall size
of the AFOL community.

I'd also be willing to bet that the biggest buyers (except maybe for the
purchase-and-resell buyers) are *not* on LUGNET.  They'd tend to view
*anything* that took away from collecting and/or building as a time-suck.

Steve