 Castle / 8800 (+100)
  Re: More info (We all know Jimmy)

(...) And if you type in "Shiri" in the search box, you get about 1400 in .castle! Sorry, just had to point that out. : ) (...) I know what that's like! My webpage won't even feature castle for the near future, because I don't have a digital camera (...) (23 years ago, 5-May-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: More info (We all know Jimmy)

(...) I think I'm pretty well known, but in that sort of agravating, "darn, there's that ffilz guy bidding on every single item I was interested in from eBay today" sort of way.... Hey, I am slowing down, though I did just figure out that the pile (...) (23 years ago, 5-May-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Torso Stickers, straight from Ikros

Hey all, I just thought I'd let you see some torso stickers I threw together. I plan to use them as soon as I find myself access to a printer capable of printing them out to a good quality. I hope you like them. More to come. (URL) (23 years ago, 5-May-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Torso Stickers, straight from Ikros

(...) none the less quite well done. My hat's off to ya! JJ (23 years ago, 5-May-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Torso Stickers, straight from Ikros

(...) everyone...: ) Kev...: ) (23 years ago, 5-May-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: More info (We all know Jimmy)

(...) I do believe that you are a ‘benchmark’ in the Castle community and in Lugnet in general!!! (...) Thanks Shiri, it’s nice to be remembered. On a nostalgic trip into the annals of .Castle I dug up my first post. It was with Chris Maddison, and (...) (23 years ago, 5-May-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: More info (We all know Jimmy)

(...) Ahh...I remember that. Yeah, took long enough, and I've still got only a few...more I tells ya, I need more! -Chris (23 years ago, 5-May-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Some expansion on the tournament idea

Hello all, I've been giving some more thought to the tournament that would happen at The Gathering at Brickfest 2001. I got to thinking; we all have been discussing this a bit, and people are wanting different things. So, here's what I toss up to (...) (23 years ago, 5-May-01, to lugnet.castle.org.cw, lugnet.castle)

  My first gundam!! along with a ninja fortress

I finally got pictures up of my first gundam. I can't say it's bad but it definitely needs work. My ninja fortress is my favourite. three levels with living quarters beneath and inter changeable roofs. the gundam was styled after bryce's big blue (...) (23 years ago, 5-May-01, to lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.build, lugnet.castle)

  Reflections on my Lego past

It seems to me, now that I look back, that I have grown as a lego enthusiast. Grown, or reverted, who knows. Now that I look back... I see that my building style has matured. When I think about my first huge castle, built with the help of my friend (...) (23 years ago, 6-May-01, to lugnet.castle)

  SEALUG Meeting pics from 05/05/01

Hi Everyone, Just wanted to share the pictures from our meeting yesterday. This has been cross posted to .castle because almost all the pics are Castle MOCs! Every meeting we place scraps of paper in a box and draw ideas for the building theme for (...) (23 years ago, 6-May-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.castle, lugnet.org.us.sealug)

  Middle Earth Ramblings (loooong)

As some of you might know, I just came out of my Dark Ages. As my post-Dark Ages masterpiece, I'm going to build a replica of J.R.R Tolkien's Middle Earth, very very microfig-style. However, I want to build Barad-Dur (Sauron's MASSIVE tower in (...) (23 years ago, 6-May-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Middle Earth Ramblings (loooong)

About the only word to describe the dimensions of Barad-Dur that you have proposed is wow. wow, wow, wow, wow, wow and wow some more! But seriously if you intend to put as much care and effort into it as you have done planning this thing out, it (...) (23 years ago, 6-May-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Most ever spent on Lego

(...) Absolutely. It was a set she'd never had, and always wanted, and outside of the budget she allows herself. I can take or leave pirates, and given $300 to spend, would spend it on a couple old castles long before I'd buy some old boat. <grin, (...) (23 years ago, 7-May-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Middle Earth Ramblings (loooong)

Being a HUGE Tolkien fan, I'd like to provide some input. *Please note that I favour John Howe's paintings of Tolkien's work the most, so I will give links to his paintings. (...) Nitpick: Rivendell (A.K.A. Imladris, The Last Homely House) is (...) (23 years ago, 7-May-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Middle Earth Ramblings (loooong)

Thanks for your reply, and I just thought I'd take this time to thank everyone on Lugnet for being some of the friendliest people I've ever met. Without people like you, this world would be a much worse place to live in. By the way, I went and tried (...) (23 years ago, 7-May-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Middle Earth Ramblings (loooong)

Wow, that was some really good constructive criticism there and that gallery should help alot. Although I didn't realize who it was by, that painting of Barad-Dur was what I was going to base my model off of. I don't quite know if I can make (...) (23 years ago, 7-May-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Most ever spent on Lego

(...) "Honey! I can't seem to find my red cannons or my center hull sections. Have you seen them anywhere???" Sharing is HARD. Aaron (23 years ago, 7-May-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Most ever spent on Lego

(...) In one day?? Geeze, probably the day the E1 Star Wars stuff came out, about $400. All told that month was probably closer to $700. But I may have done more that that is a single month period (likely). However, I'd best not say more, or the (...) (23 years ago, 7-May-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: My first gundam!! along with a ninja fortress

(...) Hi Geordan! That is one great first Gundam (my first mobile suit was a walking trashcan). It is really refreshing to see something different than micro fig scale mechs. In the future, however, have more confidence in your building skills and (...) (23 years ago, 7-May-01, to lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.build, lugnet.castle)

  Another sticker from Ikros

Sticker number 2. Enjoy. (URL) (23 years ago, 7-May-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Most ever spent on Lego

(...) <nod nod nod nod> It is definitely great. (How many more times will we discuss this? ;-) -Shiri (23 years ago, 7-May-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: My first gundam!! along with a ninja fortress

Hey I'm famous! <blushes> Thanks for the props! For a first mech that is very tall. Looks good. You have a handle on how to get it to stand and hey that's 3/4 of the battle with mecha. I like the upside down boat hull for feet. I was trying to do (...) (23 years ago, 7-May-01, to lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.build, lugnet.castle)

  Re: Most ever spent on Lego

(...) Tell me about it. I haven't been able to build anything tan or brown for months! I'd grumble more if my wife hadn't used them to build a stunningly cool tavern/inn. :) (pictures will happen soon) James (23 years ago, 7-May-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Another sticker from Ikros

(...) Kev...: ) (23 years ago, 7-May-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Middle Earth Ramblings (loooong)

(...) Yay, Tolkien! If LEGO has to go after licenses, I really wish they would get a LOTR deal. I would like to do the Prancing Pony one day. (...) I have a wizard I made that was inspired by Radagast. I'll put up a pic. The other two wizards were (...) (23 years ago, 7-May-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Middle Earth Ramblings (loooong)

(...) If you need black heads, buy a couple of sith infiltrators, you will get 3 black heads AND a darth maul head. (23 years ago, 7-May-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Another sticker from Ikros

thats a really great job, it looks kind of gladiator like too. are you planning on producing these for sale also? (23 years ago, 7-May-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Middle Earth Ramblings (loooong)

(...) Radagast would probably work better with wolfpack torso, brown legs, brown Star Wars cowl and cape. Reverse the torso and switch the arms around if you don't like the wolfpack symbol. For Gandalf, the gray peasant torso, find some gray arms (I (...) (23 years ago, 7-May-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Middle Earth Ramblings (loooong)

(...) (URL) a look at that for Dwarves. Brian did an excellent job on the site: If you haven't seen it, look at it! (And don't give him trouble about the legobuilders part. :) (...) Holy moly!!! Sounds neato! What about Sauron? What will he look (...) (23 years ago, 7-May-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Another sticker from ??

Thought this might be a neat place for a quick preview. (URL) is great, Illustrator is better" (23 years ago, 7-May-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Middle Earth Ramblings (loooong)

(...) Bah, I could care less about the legobuilders thing, that's an awesome site. Those dwarves look great--I'll definitely be using his method. (...) Well, I've never heard an actual description of Sauron other than in his giant bird form. (...) (23 years ago, 7-May-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Another sticker from ??

Hey Kyle, I wanted to post this to the Yahoo group but it's not up right now. After reading your last post to that group I just want to say I'm behind you all the way. As far as cost per sheet is concerned, if the rest of the designs are this good, (...) (23 years ago, 7-May-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Another sticker from ??

Dave, Thanks for the encouragement. I'm pretty positive you and the rest of the gang will be quite pleased with the rest of the designs. I am printing out a test page and applying them to various minifigs to see how they will turn out. I'll be sure (...) (23 years ago, 8-May-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: My first gundam!! along with a ninja fortress

thanks for the complements! the only problem is whenever I do build my "own" style of mech, it either can't stand up, or looks like a big blob of plastic so whenever building mechs i have to cheat and copy someone else or else it doesn't work. I am (...) (23 years ago, 8-May-01, to lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.build, lugnet.castle)

  Re: My first gundam!! along with a ninja fortress

thanks for the compliments but on the standing part I kind of cheated a bit. in case you didn't notice, I just used technic parts to hold the leg to the torso but the leg can't move!! it's stationary but can be wiggled a bit. I couldn't figure out (...) (23 years ago, 8-May-01, to lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.build, lugnet.castle)

  Hobbits, Ringwraiths - minifig MOCs. Was: [Middle Earth Ramblings (loooong)]

(...) Hello Bill, Funny you should mention it. I was tinkering with some LOTR figures about two weeks ago. I've posted them for you to check out. (URL) think that I've taken them about as far as I'm going to. If you like any of my design elements (...) (23 years ago, 8-May-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Another sticker from ??

(...) The samples are fabulous. I'm quite the latecomer to the Yahoo group with nothing much to contribute except my opinion. I'm not much of a graphic designer but I'll be a great customer. JSA -- Green Bay Lacrosse-- Play hard; play often. (23 years ago, 8-May-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Popped by - Swarmed by more like

*Phew* Shouldn't have posted before going away for the weekend I guess. 50 odd emails this morning If you have ordered to my address and havent sent me an email letting me know please do, or I'll have to keep your lego :) If you havent heard from me (...) (23 years ago, 8-May-01, to lugnet.castle)

  My LOTR minifigs, (was Re: Middle Earth Ramblings (loooong))

(...) I have a first draft of my LOTR figures that I took pictures of last night. Maybe you can use some of the ideas. The 9 walkers in Hollin, with Legolas looking ahead with his keen elf eyes, and Gandalf and Aragorn leading Frodo, Sam and Bill. (...) (23 years ago, 8-May-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Middle Earth Ramblings

(...) Sauron was Morgoth's lieutenant in the Bad Ol' Days. Morgoth was the original Dark Lord, sort of a fallen-angel figure that had a great hand in the making of Middle-earth. He was originally known as Melkor, and was on the first rung of power (...) (23 years ago, 8-May-01, to lugnet.castle)

  what's the demand for chrome?

A whole batch of the Chrome Knights 4816,7,8,9) has just suddenly appeared in some UK stores. Are there now unavailable elsewhere? Is there still demand, or has everyone stocked up when they could? regards lawrence (23 years ago, 8-May-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Set 0015 on back of one of my 80s catologs

Hi all, I was just looking through the 80s catologs, trying to see if there was any other accessory pack sets I hadn't looked up the numbers for, and I didnt see any that had the 016 castle figure set offered. I thought maybe a lot of you haven't (...) (23 years ago, 8-May-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: what's the demand for chrome?

(...) In the U.S. these items are supposedly readily available from Shop@Home at full retail price plus shipping. I bought several boxes worth, enough to make 4 complete chrome warriors at a KB Toy Liquidators for BOGO 50%. Then I went back the next (...) (23 years ago, 8-May-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: what's the demand for chrome?

(...) As I posted in the shopping section of the marketplace newsgroup yesterday, my local Kaybee Toys store here in Virginia just got in a fresh shipment of the Chrome Knights after previously selling out of them last month. So it seems like (...) (23 years ago, 8-May-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: what's the demand for chrome?

(...) Glad someone else feels that set isn't worth $80.00. I want the black hat too, but not for that price. All the other rare elements (flags, banners) I picked up on Brickbay dirt cheap (less then a buck for all the flags and 'sail' back castle (...) (23 years ago, 8-May-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Hobbits, Ringwraiths - minifig MOCs. Was: [Middle Earth Ramblings (loooong)]

Todd I checked out your creations. Very nice. The black riders look very menacing. Great job. Hard to make the hobbits look shorter though. It would be nice if Lego would go more fantasy and come out with a hobbit, dwarf, or even child size minifig. (...) (23 years ago, 8-May-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: what's the demand for chrome?

(...) Gee, here in Australia the Castle sells for $199 Aud.. thats around $100US....!!!!!!! Kev...: ) (23 years ago, 8-May-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: what's the demand for chrome?

(...) In Canada, King Leo's Castle goes for about $86.00 Canadian! (Thats about $60.00 USD) I still think that Canada has the best Lego prices in the world...Sure, we don't have the bogo 50% off sales, or those Aims 75% off super sales, but overall (...) (23 years ago, 9-May-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Hobbits, Ringwraiths - minifig MOCs. Was: [Middle Earth Ramblings (loooong)]

(...) I wholeheartedly agree. I hoped that lego would be forced to make a smaller minifigure when they purchased the rights to SW Episode I. It was pretty disappointing when Anakin turned out to be normal sized. Then I hoped that Lego would buy the (...) (23 years ago, 9-May-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: what's the demand for chrome?

(...) The shield was certainly a disappointment. Even the Lion shield would be better. I was surprised that they gave the "bad guys" the silver shield... I also didn't like the dragon set. Expensive given that I really don't need anymore dragons (...) (23 years ago, 9-May-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: July surprise for castle fans!

(...) Ok, I know this thread has been beaten into the ground, but I have to say this one thing. According to Jimmy, he says that there will be something added to the S@H catalog. Some long requested wishes will soon be granted. Well, I don't know (...) (23 years ago, 9-May-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: what's the demand for chrome?

What UK stores have the Chrome sets. I haven't seen amy about. btw. TRU in Peterborough (who incidentally seem to have the best selection of Lego anywhere Ive seen -better than the Cardiff store which sucks anyhow) has a fair few Fright Knight sets (...) (23 years ago, 9-May-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: what's the demand for chrome?

"James Stacey" <James@minifig.co.uk> wrote in message news:GD26q2.Aw0@lugnet.com... (...) anyhow) (...) see thread in lugnet.loc.uk Woolies regards lawrence (23 years ago, 9-May-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Popped by - Swarmed by more like

My packs arrived last night so I'd imagine the orders placed on Friday will arrive within the next day or so. I'll keep people uptodate on their packages. Is there any problems with customs sending packages to the states from the UK. Ive had (...) (23 years ago, 9-May-01, to lugnet.castle)

  product line refocusing

Just been to the Entertainer and TRU in Cardiff and they both say they are no longer stocking Castle Lego the guy at TRU said it was due to product line refocusing. Now I know the sort of people who work in toy shops - I worked in one for a few (...) (23 years ago, 9-May-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Hobbits, Ringwraiths - minifig MOCs. Was: [Middle Earth Ramblings (loooong)]

(...) One method to make shorter looking mini-figs may be seen at this link: (URL) look a basic 1x2 black brick (or you can use 2 1x2 black plates for even shorter people) and painted one small gray/white line to make it look like legs and then 2 (...) (23 years ago, 9-May-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: July surprise for castle fans!

(...) Well, I'm not sure that this means that it's only the S@H dept. that's doing this, although it could be. My guess is that it's one of three things: - Accessory pack w/ Kinghts' Kingdom equipment - Bulk ordering for castle parts - Something (...) (23 years ago, 9-May-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Popped by - Swarmed by more like

(...) There is no customs duty on LEGO being shipped into the US, I think what needs to be done is for the description put Construction Toys, LEGO in that box on the form. Ask in Lugnet.shipping to be sure (I don't do a lot of shipping either way). (...) (23 years ago, 9-May-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: product line refocusing

(...) It could be just the fact that there is/was new castle sets released this year... That's my guess anyways, a number of store around me have either NO castle or just the leftovers.... Mike (23 years ago, 9-May-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Popped by - Swarmed by more like

(...) I just checked my credit card bill and I've been charged $604.22 for whatever I ordered. I'm hoping this means they have everything I've been charged for. Jimmy (23 years ago, 9-May-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Ikrosian Ambassador